“During quarantine, I was keeping up to date on the Covid-19 situation in the country. When I saw the new cases increasing every day, it made me feel worried.
“I want to give away the medal to raise funds. Hopefully, it will radiate the same spirit as during our win at SEA Games 2019,” Hoang said.
As a U22 player in 2009, Hoang competed in his first SEA Games when he was 20. The team went all the way to the final but lost to Malaysia. Ten years later, Hoang was selected for SEA Games again as one of the two additional players above 23 years old added to the U22 team. And this time, Hoang finally claimed the gold medal he has been seeking all along.
“When I received the medal, the feeling was really hard to describe. I was very lucky. I thought I wouldn't be able to play in SEA Games again,” Hoang said.
The medal will be up for auction online until Aug. 8.
“For me, the real value in life lies in the good things that I can give, not the things I receive. Therefore, I'm always ready whenever I can do something to help the community.”
- Tom Brady Donating First Bucs Jersey To COVID-19 Relief, Challenges Goodell
- Kevin Hart, Justin Bieber, Magic Johnson Join All In Challenge for COVID-19 Relief
- Browns reveal new, more traditional uniforms, pledge to donate proceeds to COVID-19 relief
- Tom Brady, Peyton Manning, Todd Gurley join 'All In Challenge' to raise money for COVID-19 relief efforts
- Rams COO reads mean tweets about new team logo after fans raise over $2M for COVID-19 relief efforts
- CBS to re-air classic NFL on CBS games in lead-up to NFL Draft, raise COVID-19 relief awareness
- Vietnam women enter SEA Games final with Philippines win
- Vietnamese football joins Covid-19 fight
- VN referees still train despite COVID-19 pandemic
- COVID-19 delays Ironman 70.3 Vietnam race
- AFC Cup 2020 fixtures face further delay due to COVID-19 fears
- Crisis on Infinite Earths EP Offers Fans a Chance to Own A Piece of Arrowverse History and Help Those Impacted By COVID-19
- Sai Praneeth donates Rs 4 lakh for fight against COVID-19 pandemic
- Many athletes cancel training plans due to Covid-19 pandemic
- Online entertainment grows thanks to COVID-19
- Covid-19 offers silver lining to bungling sports bodies
- How convention centers became lifesaving hospitals for COVID-19
- Gavaskar, Pujara contribute in fight against COVID-19
- Has COVID-19 brought eSports to the fore?
- Coronavirus: Indonesia was in denial over Covid-19. Now it may be facing a looming disaster
Vietnamese footballer to auction SEA Games gold medal for Covid-19 relief have 404 words, post on e.vnexpress.net at July 31, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.