Tokyo (VNA) – Vietnamese athletes begin competing at the Tokyo 2020 Olympic Games on July 23.
Archer Do Thi Anh Nguyet was the first Vietnamese athlete to compete at the Games from 9am (local time).
This is also the first time that Vietnamese archers have qualified for the global sporting event.
The 20-year-old archer is competing against 63 rivals in the women's recurve bow category, which is her forte.
On the same day, Nguyen Hoang Phi Vu, another archer of Vietnam, will also start his journey in the men's recurve category. He will also confront 63 rivals in the event.
If the total points of the two archers are among the top 16, they will advance to the next round of the mixed team category slated for July 24. In addition, their points are counted at the women's and men's singles.
The Vietnamese delegation to the Tokyo Olympics comprises 43 members, including 18 athletes. They will compete in 11 sports, namely swimming, weightlifting, judo, shooting, badminton, boxing, gymnastics, taekwondo, archery, athletics and rowing.
The Tokyo 2020 Olympics will take place from July 23 to August 8. The Olympics is the largest sporting event in the world. It is held every four years, bringing together the top athletes from countries all over the world./.
- Dealing with heat is key for Tokyo’s 2020 Olympic Games
- Reconstruction and robots: can Tokyo 2020 live up to 1964’s Olympic legacy?
- Japan heatwave: record broken as concern grows over 2020 Olympics
- NEC face recognition tech to screen athletes at Tokyo 2020
- Tokyo 2020 medals are made from recycled electronics
- New Sonic game speeding onto iOS for Tokyo 2020
- Fujitsu wants to bring AI judging to Tokyo 2020
- 2020 Olympics Sprint Replays Will Feature Intel Analysis
- Sonic At The Olympic Games Tokyo 2020 Gets Its First Trailer
- Tokyo taxi firm takes big step to launching driverless fleet for 2020 Olympics
- Tokyo 2020 organisers cut crowds at sailing events over tsunami risk
- Toyota cung cấp xe điện cho Tokyo 2020
- Japanese firm falsified earthquake safety data on 2020 Olympic venues
- Death Stranding Delay: Kojima Confirms Release Before 2020 Olympics
- Scientists nail the coolest course for marathoners at the 2020 Olympics
- Believe it or not, all of the 2020 Olympic medals will be made from recycled gadgets
- Tokyo Olympics: €1.3m payment to secret account raises questions over 2020 Games
- Japanese Olympic chief to quit amid corruption allegations scandal
- Facial Recognition System Set to Be Used in Olympic Security
- 'This is not a "what if" story': Tokyo braces for the earthquake of a century
Vietnamese athletes start competing at Tokyo 2020 Olympics have 412 words, post on en.vietnamplus.vn at July 23, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.