This is the highest daily counts recorded in the country so far.
According to the ministry’s report, 7,937 of the newly-confirmed patients are locally-transmitted cases 5,509 of whom were detected in quarantine sites or areas under lockdown in some localities including 5,396 in Ho Chi Minh City, 604 in Long An, 785 in Binh Duong, 221 in Dong Nai, 220 in Tien Giang, 132 in Tay Ninh, 104 in Khanh Hoa, 75 in Dong Thap, 71 in Ba Ria-Vung Tau, 61 in Ben Tre, 36 in Danang, 31 in Binh Thuan, 27 in Dak Lak, 25 in Vinh Long, 23 in Can Tho, 21 in Vinh Phuc, 17 in Phu Yen, 14 in Kien Giang, 12 in Binh Dinh, nine in Hau Giang, nine in Hanoi, eight in Ninh Thuan, seven in An Giang, four in Hung Yen, four in Quang Ngai), four in Dak Nong, three in Quang Nam, two each in Ha Nam, Bac Lieu, Ha Giang, Lam Dong, Nghe An, Ca Mau, and one each in Gia Lai and Thua Thien-Hue. As many as 2,428 cases were found in the communities.
This morning, the southern province of Long An also added 1,288 Covid-19 patients that were detected between July 14-22.
There were 31 imported patients confirmed on July 24 who are all Vietnamese people who recently returned from abroad.
As of Saturday evening, 87,192 locally-transmitted cases have been reported since the new outbreak occurred in the country on April 27, including 55,870 in the virus hotspot of Ho Chi Minh City. The outbreak has so far spread to 62 cities and provinces nationwide.
With these new infection cases, the number of Covid-19 patients in Vietnam has increased to 90,934 including 88,762 locally-transmitted cases.
As of 6 pm on July 24, a total of 17,583 Covid-19 patients had recovered and been discharged from hospital.
The country has conducted over 4.47 million Covid-19 vaccine shots, with 353,601 people having received two doses.
- NHS pays out record compensation of nearly £20m to brain injury girl
- Vietcombank posts record profit of nearly 757.6 million USD
- Nearly 8,000 workers overseas
- No watches or warnings for Guam as tropical storm nears NMI
- Storm Debby batters Britain as temperatures plunge to near freezing
- Nearly 90 dogs rescued from puppy farm
- Peter Crouch's Premier League team-by-team guide 2018-19
- Record television audience watched Japan v Samoa
- Teenage girl, 19, who collapsed and died after anniversary meal with boyfriend at Wagamama ‘may have had asthma attack’
- British holidaymakers swelter in record-breaking European heatwave
- Wales under-19s clinch third place in tournament
- Man City FIFA 19 ratings: Every player revealed
- Record autumn sunshine forecast in France until Sunday
- Portugal sees record temperatures as heatwave continues
- Portugal heatwave sees temperatures approach Europe record
- UK set for hottest August EVER on record – as killer heatwave ROASTS Europe
- Joshua vs Povetkin tale of the tape: How the two heavyweight boxers square up for Saturday’s big fight
- Who is Chris Mears, when did he win Olympic gold, and what was the accident which nearly ended his career?
- News.Az — Your Window to the RegionAzerbaijani oil price nears $80
- 200 drug users bust out of Vietnam rehab centre
Vietnam records nearly 8,000 more Covid-19 infections on Saturday have 566 words, post on dtinews.vn at July 24, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.