HANOI, July 31 (Bernama): Vietnam ranks 39th among 160 countries and territories, and third in the Association of South-East Asian Nations (Asean) in logistics performance index (LPI).
The country is also placed among the top emerging markets with a growth rate ranging from 14 to 16 per cent, Vietnam News Agency (VNA) quoted Deputy Minister of Industry and Trade Tran Quoc Khanh as saying in a workshop organised by the Ministry of Industry and Trade (MoIT) on Friday.
The official highlighted an increase in the number of logistics firms, and improved logistics services, saying they are the outcomes of efforts made by both businesses and the Government.
Tranh Thanh Hai, Deputy Director of the MoIT's Agency of Foreign Trade, said Vietnam's total export-import revenue in the 2010-2020 period tripled the value recorded earlier.
The logistics sector plays a significant role in the national economic development, including export-import activities, goods circulation at home and production, the official said.
He stressed the significance of logistics services in such localities as Ba Ria-Vung Tau, Ho Chi Minh City, Hai Phong, Hanoi and Da Nang, saying they serve as momentum for regional and local socio-economic development.
Hai affirmed that the Government, ministries, agencies and businesses have always paid attention to cutting logistics costs to improve the competitiveness of the country and enterprises in particular.
Experts at the workshop shared the view on the need for the logistics sector to develop high-quality personnel, step up IT application and modernise its management and operation methods to reduce costs and improve service quality.
Vietnam's logistics sector is expected to contribute 5-6 percent to the country’s gross domestic growth (GDP), record a growth rate of 15-20 percent and rank 50th in the global LPI by 2025. – Bernama
- Vietnam to top Asia auto sales amid fall of biggest markets
- Vietnam to host two Air Logistics Hubs of Southeast Asia stature
- Air quality app under 'coordinated attack' in Vietnam amid heavy Hanoi smog
- Vietnam a Southeast Asia leader in internet economy growth
- Vietnam Feels the Ripples of the Yuan Rout
- Second field hospital ready to perform its tasks: ministry
- Malta-based Diplomatique.Expert publishes first Annual Global Stability Index Report
- Vietnam President Tran Dai Quang dies
- Monthly Round up Report for August 2018: MSE Index maintains negative stance
- Developing nations warned, invest in or face unrest as World Bank launches first 'human capital' index
- Asia tops World Bank ranking on support for children
- Auckland trumps Melbourne, Sydney in city planning index
- Motty lends his voice to Football Index’s advertising push
- How Digital Does Hungary Rank?
- Budapest ranks honorably on liveable cities list
- HCM City among best cities for street food worldwide
- The Hidden Reason Why Hedge-Fund Returns Are at Risk
- Government ‘not doing enough’ on climate change
- Child chess prodigy wins right to stay in UK
- Icelandic Gov't To Launch Campaign Encouraging Tourists To Not Buy Bottled Water
Vietnam ranks third in logistics performance index in Asean have 461 words, post on www.thestar.com.my at July 31, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.