According to the ministry’s report, 8,620 of the newly-confirmed patients are locally-transmitted cases most of whom were detected in quarantine sites or areas under lockdown in some localities including 4,180 in Ho Chi Minh City, 2,075 in Binh Duong, 544 in Long An, 456 in Dong Nai, 335 in Khanh Hoa, 146 in Dong Thap, 123 in Tien Giang, 115 in Ba Ria-Vung Tau, 75 in Binh Thuan, 72 in Can Tho, 72 in Tay Ninh, 58 in Phu Yen, 55 in Danang, 48 in Vinh Long, 46 in Hanoi, 32 in Dak Lak, 28 in Binh Dinh, 19 in Hau Giang, 16 in Kien Giang, 14 in Binh Phuoc, 13 in Thua Thien-Hue, 13 in Nghe An, 13 in Gia Lai, 12 in Dak Nong, 10 in Son La, 10 in Quang Nam, five in Ninh Thuan, five in Thanh Hoa, four each in Quang Tri, Ha Tinh, Vinh Phuc, three each in Lam Dong, Ha Nam, Hai Duong, two in Ninh Binh, two in An Giang, and one each in Kon Tum, Quang Ngai, Quang Binh, Hai Phong, and Bac Lieu. Among these new infections, 2,045 cases were found in the communities.
Ho Chi Minh City continued to report the highest number of new infections in the country. On Friday, the city also recorded 4,282 new patients, the majority of which are individuals who came into contact with confirmed Covid-19 patients or who were detected in either isolation and locked down areas. Social distancing rules are being further tightened in the city to contain the virus spread.
As of Saturday evening, 141,877 locally-transmitted cases have been reported since the new outbreak occurred in the country on April 27, including 90,243 in the virus hotspot of Ho Chi Minh City. The outbreak has so far spread to 62 cities and provinces nationwide.
With these new infection cases, the number of Covid-19 patients in Vietnam has increased to 145,686 including 143,447 locally-transmitted cases.
On July 31, a total of 3,250 more patients were released from hospital following their full recovery, raising the number of recoveries in the country to 38,734.
Also on Saturday evening, a further 145 deaths related to Covid-19 were announced, bringing the total number of fatalities in Vietnam to 1,306.
The country has conducted over 5.93 million Covid-19 vaccine shots, with 588,893 people having received two doses.
- Vietnam culls 1.7 million pigs as more provinces detect African swine fever
- Fears of African swine fever reaching Australia rise, as Indonesia confirms outbreak
- Bird flu kills teenager in Egypt: Woman, 19, is killed by H5N1 strain after coming into contact with infected birds
- Vietnam Airlines launches Hanoi – Macau service
- Two Vietnamese sailors confirmed dead in South Korea boat sinking
- Alec Baldwin and wife Hilaria aren't done adding to their family as they confirm they want a fifth baby
- Health expert warns there 'will probably be human cases' of bird flu as Defra confirms duck farm outbreak is same strain as in Germany and Netherlands
- Faces of the fallen: Four more Australians are confirmed dead in the White Island volcano tragedy - with the death toll still expected to rise beyond 16
- Prince Harry and Meghan Markle to marry on 19 May 2018
- Man arrested for molesting ninth-grader in school restroom in Vietnam’s Central Highlands
- Tragedy as police confirm missing White Island bodies belong to tour guide and 17-year-old Sydney girl - leaving her brother as the only surviving family member
- Tragedy as pilot reveals he saw tour guide on White Island but didn't have time to save him as police confirm his body is still missing
- Putin crows that Mueller confirmed there was 'no collusion' as he meets Mike Pompeo for face-to-face talks in Russia as tensions mount in the Gulf
- Erling Haaland talks confirmed by Salzburg chief as Man Utd face transfer battle
- Army confirms killing 4 bandits in Zamfara
- Football Briefs: DC United coach confirms Rooney interest
- Bayern Munich's Ribery closing in on comeback, confirms coach Guardiola
- New Zealand mourns: Jacinda Ardern hangs her head during a minute's silence for victims of the White Island volcano disaster - as 16 people are confirmed dead
- She's glowing! Jasmine Yarbrough dresses her 'blossoming baby bump' as she goes Christmas shopping with husband Karl Stefanovic after friend confirmed pregnancy
- BUSINESS NEWS HEADLINES DECEMBER 17
Vietnam confirms 8,624 more Covid-19 infections on Saturday have 677 words, post on dtinews.vn at July 31, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.