During the Arria-formula meeting of the United Nations Security Council (UNSC) in New York on July 28, head of the Vietnamese Permanent Mission to the UN, Ambassador Dang Dinh Quy said the UNSC's resolutions recognize a need to incorporate gender issues into efforts to prevent extremism, deal with conflicts or build peace. Therefore, it is necessary to recognize women's different roles as well as promote their leadership role in the fight against terrorism.
According to him, the process also needs to take into account the role of men and gender bias.
He also backed countries in continuing to share experience in incorporating gender aspects into national plans and policies and promote thorough study and discussions on the issue.
Participants at the event also highlighted a need to study the issue thoroughly and promote the comprehensive approach to gender issues.
- Indonesia passes new anti-terrorism law
- Maritime security, anti-terrorism drill held in Quang Nam
- India, Thailand begin anti-terrorism exercise
- Vietnam backs ASEAN – Russia ties
- Vietnam backs int'l cooperation in fighting terrorism
- Vietnam backs Singapore’s suggestions at ADDM 12: Defence Minister
- Japan PM Abe approaches Russia for peace deal, anti-terrorism
- Greece names anti-terror cop to run tax evasion crackdown
- Vietnam backs Singapore’s suggestions at ADMM 12: Defence Minister
- Vietnam backs Singapore’s suggestions at ADMM 12: Defense Minister
- Course on anti-terrorism opened for medical staff
- Vietnam advocates anti-terrorism efforts
- Bulgaria-Vietnam parliamentarians’ group backs Vietnam in East Sea issue
- Japan supports Vietnam in East Sea issues
- Vietnam objects to U.S. anti-dumping duty on tra fish
- Vietnam backs global effort to counter nuclear terrorism
- Vietnam, China ink MoU on anti-crime co-operation
- Vietnam companies lag behind in anti-corruption program disclosure
- Vietnam backs United Nations' LGBT rights mandate; Asia mostly looks away
- Vietnam PM criticizes delay of anti-graft reports
Vietnam backs adding gender issues into anti-terrorism have 279 words, post on en.qdnd.vn at July 31, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.