The Ministry of Health recorded almost 7,600 locally-transmitted COVID-19 cases in Vietnam on Thursday, along with over 4,300 recoveries.
Thirty-eight provinces and cities reported 7,593 locally-infected patients while one separate infection was imported from abroad, the health ministry said.
A total of 1,536 cases were detected in the community whereas the remainder were found in isolated areas or centralized quarantine facilities.
Ho Chi Minh City reported 4,592 of the latest domestic infections, Binh Duong Province 1,144, Long An Province 499, Dong Nai Province 325, Ba Ria-Vung Tau Province 185, Dong Thap Province 157, and Tay Ninh Province 139.
Since the fourth COVID-19 wave began in Vietnam on April 27, the country has registered 124,635 community transmissions in 62 out of its 63 provinces and cities.
Ho Chi Minh City is in the front with 81,781 patients, followed by Binh Duong Province with 10,684, Bac Giang Province with 5,735, Long An Province with 4,430, Dong Nai Province with 3,310, Dong Thap Province with 2,798, and Tien Giang Province with 1,855.
By comparison, Vietnam confirmed 106 community cases in the first wave from January 23 to April 16, 2020, 554 in the second from July 25 to December 1, 2020, and 910 in the third from January 28 to March 25, 2021.
The health ministry confirmed 4,323 recoveries on Thursday, bringing the total to 31,780 recovered patients.
The death toll has risen to 863 after 233 fatalities were announced the same day, including 189 in Ho Chi Minh City.
The Southeast Asian nation has overall recorded 126,205 domestic and 2,208 imported cases since the COVID-19 pandemic first hit it on January 23, 2020.
Health workers gave 307,273 vaccine doses today.
Over 5.3 million jabs have been administered to medical workers, teachers, factory workers, and other frontline staff since Vietnam rolled out inoculation on March 8.
Nearly 497,000 people have been fully vaccinated.
The Vietnamese government expects to obtain 175 million shots of various vaccines, including 51 million Pfizer-BioNTech jabs, by early 2022.
It set a target of immunizing two-thirds of a population of nearly 98 million people against COVID-19 by the first quarter of next year.
- Nearly 500 coronavirus cases in India; 9 deaths
- Vietnam's confirmed novel coronavirus cases up to 61
- Vietnam reports five new coronavirus cases
- Vietnam confirms three more coronavirus cases
- Vietnam reports 11 new coronavirus cases
- NYC Confirms Nearly 300 Coronavirus Cases in Just Hours
- Washington Adds 248 New Coronavirus Cases; 13 More Deaths
- Vietnam adds five COVID-19 cases, tally mounts to 66
- Vietnam’s confirmed novel coronavirus cases rise to 134
- Coronavirus cases top 200,000: Global updates
- China’s imported coronavirus cases jump as students, expats flock home
- Coronavirus cases in India jump to 195, Gujarat latest to report people with Covid-19
- FDA authorizes first rapid 'point-of-care' test which takes 45 minutes for a result as total US coronavirus cases tops 20,000 after 3,000 more were infected in just 12 hours and the death toll hits 280
- No new domestic coronavirus cases for first time, says China’s National Health Commission
- Coronavirus cases cross 600, 1st death in TN; more beds earmarked in civil, military hospitals for COVID-19 patients
- Coronavirus: Cases in India near 500, 30 states and UTs in complete lockdown
- Amazon warehouses are getting hit with coronavirus cases
- San Francisco Coronavirus Cases Increase; City To Provide Workers Paid Sick Leave
- China reports ZERO domestic coronavirus cases for a second day in a row - but registers record number of imported infections
- Every hotspot has 'its own curve': How coronavirus cases are growing around the United States
Vietnam adds nearly 7,600 coronavirus cases, over 4,300 recoveries have 523 words, post on tuoitrenews.vn at July 29, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.