State President Nguyen Xuan Phuc on July 29 urged Ho Chi Minh City – the country's biggest COVID-19 hotspot at present – to promote the motto of "fighting the pandemic is like fighting the enemy."
President Nguyen Xuan Phuc presents Hoc Mon and Cu Chi districts each with 5 billion VND (217,700 USD) and five ventilators raised by donors.(Photo: VNA)
During his field trip to the southern metropolis, Phuc visited Hoc Mon and Cu Chi districts, and presented each with 5 billion VND (217,700 USD) and five ventilators raised by donors.
The leader asked HCM City to set up more COVID-19 task forces and take suitable measures to accelerate vaccinations.
Local competent agencies need to step up inspections over the implementation of social distancing rules and work to ensure enough ventilators for severe cases, the President said.
Any violations of COVID-19 prevention and control regulations must be strictly handled, he said, supporting the city's proposal to extend the social distancing period.
President Nguyen Xuan Phuc visits Hoc Mon district. (Photo: VNA)
Later on the day, the State leader visited Nanogen Pharmaceutical Biotechnology JSC – producer of Nanocovax COVID-19 vaccine that has entered clinical trials.
A representative from the company said the trials show positive results, with 14,000 people vaccinated.
Each Nanocovax dose costs about 120,000 VND, and many countries have contacted the company to ask for technological transfer, according to the representative.
President Phuc said apart from serving domestic demand, Nanogen should look towards vaccine export.
Also on July 29, he visited the medical staff of a temporary hospital for treating COVID-19 patients which was put into operation a day earlier in District 7./.
- HCM City extends social distancing, issuance of green cards on hold
- Wholesale market must meet safety regulations after reopening: HCM City official
- HCM City prepares for economic recovery plan after September 15
- HCM City speeds up vaccinations in aim to loosen restrictions
- HCM City's reopening needs high vaccination rate, medicines, safety compliance: deputy PM
- Donations give more impulse to COVID-19 fight in HCM City
- State agencies in HCM City to resume normal operation early next year
- Vietnamese President visits Cuba, scientific cooperation in spotlight
- HCM City's Củ Chi District, District 7 find effective ways to control the outbreak
- President sends letter to constituents in HCM City
- MND hands over COVID-19 relief aid to pandemic-hit people in HCM City
- More than 2.6 million workers in HCM City benefit from social insurance policy
- Vice President presents pandemic prevention gifts to An Giang
- State President receives visiting Japanese Defence Minister
- State President receives visiting Japanese Defense Minister
- Vietnamese, Russian presidents discuss comprehensive strategic partnership over phone
- 'No one is left behind': Việt Nam's authorities provide support for foreigners amid the pandemic
- 'No one is left behind': Vietnam's authorities provide support for foreigners amid the pandemic
- 'No one is left behind': Vietnam provides support for foreigners amid pandemic
- Businesses need to learn to adapt to survive pandemic: experts
State President visits pandemic-stricken HCM City have 465 words, post on vietnamnet.vn at July 29, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.