Hanoi (VNA) – Newly-elected State President Nguyen Xuan Phuc pledged to work harder to preserve and carry forward the strength of the great national unity bloc in any circumstances, while taking the oath of office on July 26.
The leader promised to be absolutely loyal to the Fatherland, the people and the Constitution, and do his best to fulfill tasks assigned by the Party, State and the people.
Phuc said he will listen to opinions and wishes of people of all social strata, including intellectuals at home and abroad, push ahead with judicial reform and the building of a rule-of-law socialist State, increase resources for national defence and security and promote the building of a strong People's Army and People's Public Security force to ensure a peaceful life for people, and stand ready to firmly safeguard peace, independence, sovereignty and territorial integrity of the country.
He also pledged to work together with the National Assembly, the Government and the entire political system to keep a close watch on the implementation of visions, guidelines and strategies on comprehensive national development, ensuring that no one is left behind, especially in disadvantaged, remote, border and island localities.
Mentioning difficulties and challenges during the 2016-2021 tenure, notably the pandemic's severe impacts on human health and the global economy, Phuc stressed the significance of the trust of people and international friends in the country's political resolve and regime.
The great national unity bloc and the determination of the Government and people will help Vietnam sail through the fourth wave of pandemic outbreaks, and make new development milestones, he said.
Phuc was elected as State President of Vietnam for the 2021-2026 tenure on July 26 during the first session of the 15th National Assembly in Hanoi.
A resolution on the election was endorsed by all 483 deputies present, or 96.79 percent of total lawmakers./.
- Diaz-Canel succeeds Raul Castro as Cuba’s president
- President Trump begins informal prep for potential Mueller interview, CNN reports
- Trump and Macron Meet During State Visit, With Iran Deal on the Menu
- Oliver North New President of NRA, Wayne LaPierre to Continue as CEO
- President Obama has his own Twitter account, @POTUS will stay with the office
- Advice for the Next U.S. President: Fix Military Acquisitions
- President Trump welcomes home three detained Americans after their release from North Korea
- Exclusive– Dale Wilcox: ‘We’re Filing 2 Briefs’ Joining Federal Lawsuit Against California’s ‘Sanctuary State’ Laws
- MPAA: Vice President Joe Biden did not order Megaupload takedown
- Klukowski: President Trump’s Syria Strikes Are Constitutional
- Armenia's ex-president elected prime minister amid protests
- Putting the Squeeze on State Immunity
- ‘Homeland’ Invokes the 25th Amendment Against the President for Russian Interference
- Kim Jong Un's dinner with South Korea's president has a special menu with hidden symbols — here's what they all mean
- Trump brushes "dandruff" off Macron in Oval Office
- Amazon has been blamed for hurting the USPS — and now it's moving into an old post office
- Supreme Court's last argument of session is over President Trump's travel ban
- PolitiFact fact-check: Is a police officer assaulted every 10 minutes in the United States, as Donald Trump said?
- Demand for San Diego office space to pick up, report says
- New, weakened president inaugurated in Armenia
State President Nguyen Xuan Phuc takes oath of office have 564 words, post on en.vietnamplus.vn at July 26, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.