Saigon Times – Great Circle provides necessities to disadvantaged people in HCMC
By Le Anh
|Residents of Binh Chieu Ward, Thu Duc City receive necessities from the 2030 Businesspeople Club on July 30 – PHOTOS: GIA HUNG – HUY QUYEN|
HCMC – Through the Saigon Times – Great Circle 2021 program, the 2030 Businesspeople Club, a member of the Saigon Times Club, provided necessities to people affected by the Covid-19 pandemic in HCMC's Thu Duc City and the districts of 10 and Binh Tan on July 30.
In Binh Chieu Ward, Thu Duc City, which is home to many factory workers and self-employed laborers, the club distributed 500 kilograms of rice, 2,500 eggs, five boxes of canned fish and 250 boxes of instant noodle to people living in areas under lockdown.
The club also provided 500 kilograms of rice, 1,000 eggs, two boxes of canned fish and 100 boxes of instant noodle to disadvantaged people on Ho Ngoc Lam Street, An Lac Ward, Binh Tan District.
|Rice is transported to an alley in An Lac Ward, Binh Tan District|
In addition, 1,500 eggs, seven boxes of canned fish and 360 boxes of instant noodle were delivered to needy people on Duong Quang Trung Street, Ward 12, District 10.
Besides these necessities, the 2030 Businesspeople Club also distributed to the needy more than 10 tons of vegetables transported from Don Duong District in the Central Highlands province of Lam Dong.
|The 2030 Businesspeople Club gives more than 10 tons of vegetables and fruit to underprivileged people in HCMC|
The donation was part of the second phase of the Saigon Times – Great Circle 2021 program, which is expected to run for 30 days. The 2030 Businesspeople Club planned to give 5,000 sets of necessities and some 150 tons of vegetables and fruit to people affected by Covid-19 in HCMC and neighboring provinces.
In the first phase of the program, more than 3,000 sets of necessities and some 25 tons of vegetables and fruit worth over VND700 million were delivered to underprivileged people across the city.
The Saigon Times Group launched the "Saigon Times – Great Circle 2021" program with the theme, "Join hands to fight off the pandemic", on June 2, aimed at supporting people affected by the Covid-19 pandemic. The program receives donations from organizations and individuals and then distributes them to the needy in HCMC and other provinces.
Donations for the program can be sent to:
Tap chi Kinh te Sai Gon
Bank account number: 1007 1485 1003318
Vietnam Export Import Commercial Joint Stock Bank (Eximbank) – Hoa Binh Branch – HCMC
Transaction content: Name – UnghoSaigon Times – NVTL – Donghanhchongdich
To participate in the program, please contact:
Huynh Huong (Phone number: 0913118711)
Or Huy Han (Phone number: 0902696617)
- Saigon Times hands over signposts to Ta Dung National Park
- Saigon Times to donate signposts to Ta Dung National Park
- Saigon Times supports Quang Nam's green initiative to clean up tourist sites
- Saigon Thang Long and SGT clean up beach in Binh Thuan
- Exhibition held to raise funds for disadvantaged northwestern children
- Disabled people face numerous challenges during Covid-19 pandemic: UNDP
- Over 1,400 schools join carton recycling program in Hanoi, HCMC
- Black Lives Matter: Practical ways you can support Aboriginal, Indigenous people
- Pregnant great white shark weighing 2,000-pound swims more than 700 miles away from the northeast US coast to avoid males that want to mate
- Government ineptitude has trapped British people in a coronavirus twilight zone
- UFC Fight Night prediction: Tyron Woodley vs. Gilbert Burns -- Fight card, odds, start time, live stream
- Should the NHS provide electronic cigarettes on prescription?
- Boris Johnson set to unlock the great outdoors: Prime Minister to give green light for market stalls, garden parties and car sales centres from next month as Brits soak up the bank holiday sun
- Lone Star College-University Park partners with the United Network for Collegiate Pantry Sharing to provide students food relief
- Great Yarmouth school a 'fourth emergency service'
- Set down your controller and read these 15 great books about video games
- The pandemic is a great time to start a business. Here are 3 things to do now
- 'I was 25 years ahead of my time': The driver who shattered motorsport's color barrier
- Jan Risher: Strange times present different struggles for each of us
- Fashioning shoes one step at a time
Saigon Times - Great Circle provides necessities to disadvantaged people in HCMC have 662 words, post on english.thesaigontimes.vn at July 31, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.