Sacombank sold out all 81.56 million treasury shares (equivalent to 4.33 per cent of its charter capital) on the stock market on July 27 for more than VND2.438 trillion (US$106.2 million), earning a profit of VND1.684 trillion ($73.4 million).
It was one more important mandatory task in its restructuring approved by the State Bank of Vietnam after the merger.
Nguyen Duc Thach Diem, a member of the board of directors and CEO of the bank, said, "After handling Sacombank’s treasury shares, we have completed one of the objectives of the restructuring project, contributing to increasing liquidity, increasing the efficiency of capital use as well as improving the capital adequacy ratio for the bank."
Sacombank is making unrelenting efforts to soon accomplish the restructing project's objectives to regain its position in the market and get approval to pay dividends to shareholders despite facing many new challenges, she added.
It also plans to sell all 13.87 million shares it owns in the Sacombank Securities Joint Stock Company, equivalent to a 10.21 per cent stake, in August as part of its strategy to restructure investments and increase revenues to supplement capital for its businesses.
At the end of the first half of the year the bank had total assets of VND504.5 trillion ($21.97 billion), deposits of VND 447.6 trillion ($19.5 billion) and loans outstanding of VND 361.1 trillion ($15.7 billion), up 6.1 per cent since the beginning of the year.
Its profit before tax was VND2.424 trillion ($105.58 million), or 60.6 per cent of its full-year target.
It recovered VND 6.61 trillion ($288 million) worth of bad debts and outstanding assets in the first half to reduce its non-performing loans ratio by 0.1 percentage point for the year to 1.54 per cent.
Its capital adequacy ratio (CAR) is 9.75 per cent, up 0.22 percentage points from the beginning of the year. — VNS
- What's the Price of a Treasury Note? It Depends on Whom You Ask
- Stitch Fix Breaks Out, FAANG Stocks Rally In Broad Market Advance
- Apple Exits Proper Buy Zone; These 4 Sectors Lead Stock Market Rally
- Stock market tries for a comeback
- A Stock Rises Again After Its First Breakout Fails; Should You Buy The Second Time Around?
- Stocks fall as investors show caution
- US Stocks Notch Solid Gains as China Stabilizes Currency
- Ultra-Low Rates Are No Reason to Pay Up for Stocks
- Stocks Close in on Bear Market as Trump and Mnuchin Fuel Christmas Eve Drop
- Stocks Hit 3-Week Low as Trade Tensions Rise
- Stocks slide again as worries about global economy grow
- Reliance Industries stock closes 2.53% lower post annual general meeting
- Companies have been buying back massive amounts of stock this year
- After best rally since 2000, Canada stocks face a wall of worry
- Stocks Bounce Back From Edge of Bear Market
- U.S. stocks climb again as Pepsi leads household goods rally
- Stocks sink as US manufacturing shrinks again amid trade war
- European stocks close higher as trade hopes offset US political uncertainty
- US STOCKS-Wall St tumbles as September factory activity hits 10-yr low
- Actually, the Stock Market Has Barely Moved in 2 Years Under Trump
Sacombank makes $73.4m profits from selling treasury stocks have 502 words, post on bizhub.vn at July 31, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.