Doctor Phan Thi Phung, 55, head of Intensive Care Ward of Can Tho General Hospital, has announced her decision at a hospital’s meeting on Friday.
Doctor Phan Thi Phung
“I will try to stay with the staff of the Intensive Care Ward until the end of the Covid-19 fight. I will continue my work when I can," Phung said.
Doctor Tran Quoc Luan, director of the hospital, said that all people were surprised and felt moved by what Phung said.
Phung and her colleagues at the Intensive Care Ward of Can Tho General Hospital
"She always tries her best to save people from being on the verge of death, helping to inspire her colleagues," Luan added.
Over the past month since the Covid-19 outbreak in the city, Phung has been staying with other staff days and nights to save patients who are in critical conditions.
- Kolkata: Hospital staff alertness saves Covid-19 patient from committing suicide
- Tocilizumab WON'T keep Covid-19 patients alive: Scientists deal blow to hopes arthritis drug could be a life-saver after pharma giant Roche admits it doesn't work
- Vietnam seeks plasma donors to save Covid-19 infectees
- Da Nang field hospital to receive Covid-19 patients on Wednesday
- Covid-19 patients may develop skin rashes and discoloration, studies find
- Empower more people to take care of COVID-19 patients: Devi Shetty
- Many recovered COVID-19 patients suffer from heart problems, lung diseases: Report
- Coronavirus India | Plasma therapy does not reduce mortality risk in COVID-19 patients: AIIMS study
- Recovered Covid-19 patients asked to make plasma donations for treatment
- How Does Prone Positioning Help In The Management Of COVID-19 Patients?
- Health condition of 13 COVID-19 patients getting worse
- Two more Covid-19 patients die, death toll rises to 13
- One more COVID-19 patient dies due to serious complications
- Younger COVID-19 patients are MORE likely to lose their sense of smell and taste than older infected people
- One more COVID-19 patient dies, raising total fatalities to 16
- Three more COVID-19 patients given all-clear
- Vietnam loses sixth Covid-19 patient
- Three more Covid-19 patients in Vietnam recover
- 18th Covid-19 patient dies, dozens in critical condition
- Health care costs for recovering COVID-19 patients with lingering symptoms could cost the US $50BILLION within a year
Retired doctor volunteers to continue working to save Covid-19 patients have 375 words, post on dtinews.vn at July 31, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.