During the meeting, Prime Minister Chinh suggested the UK promote the implementation of the UK-Vietnam Free Trade Agreement , encourage its businesses to invest in Vietnam and facilitate Vietnamese goods’ access to its market.
The Vietnamese government leader called for strengthening cooperation between the two Ministries of Defense at both bilateral and multilateral fora.
He proposed that the Government of the UK create conditions for Vietnam to receive vaccines under the COVAX facility and quickly transfer vacine production technology to Vietnam.
Ben Wallace affirmed the UK always attaches importance to its strategic partnership with Vietnam. He spoke highly of the southeast Asian nation's important contributions to the region and the world at large.
Wallace said the UK Ministry of Defense is ready to work closely with its Vietnamese counterpart in enhancing exchanges, strengthening mutual trust and working together on the basis of mutual benefit.
The same day, Vietnam's Defence Minister General Phan Van Giang chaired a welcome ceremony for and held talks with UK Secretary of State for Defence Robert Ben Lobban Wallace.
The British side shared Vietnam's views on solving the East Sea issue, affirming the importance of navigation and aviation freedom, supporting the rule of law, and emphasising that disputes need to be settled by peaceful means, based on international law.
They consented to continuing to promote defence ties with a focus on the exchange of delegations, the implementation of the existing cooperation mechanisms such as the Defence Policy Dialogue at the deputy ministerial level and the bilateral working group on defense cooperation, English language training for Vietnamese officers, the participation in UN peacekeeping missions, defence industry and cooperation on multilateral forums./.
- Boris’s blue wall: Prime Minister poses with his 109 new Tory MPs who will help him to 'Get Brexit Done' as the Conservatives flex their muscles in Westminster - and he shores up his Cabinet by making Nicky Morgan a PEER
- Boris Johnson joins UK attempts to calm Brexit security concerns
- She's in the next room, do you want to meet her? Harry Dunn's parents REJECT Donald Trump's 'bombshell' offer to confront their son's killer in White House ambush - and he REFUSES to send US spy's wife back to face UK justice
- UK election: Conservatives back in government; Labour, Liberal Democrat leaders resign after shock result
- Boris Johnson makes Nicky Morgan a PEER to allow her to continue to serve as Culture Secretary as he appoints Simon Hart as his new Welsh Secretary but keeps his powder dry for a massive post-Brexit reshuffle in February
- Syria bombing debate LIVE: Theresa May faces MPs over UK's retaliation to chemical weapons attack
- Dominic Raab admits the Foreign Office asked police to delay telling Harry Dunn's parents 'killer' US spy's wife had left the UK as they say they expect officers to charge Anne Sacoolas over tragic crash
- Boris Johnson becomes PM, calls for an end to British self-doubt and no 'ifs or buts' Brexit
- Boris Johnson tells Cabinet 'we will repay the trust' of working-class Leave voters in first meeting after landslide victory - with new clause to Brexit bill that rules out delaying departure from EU rules beyond 2020 by LAW
- Next PM to be woman as Theresa May and Andrea Leadsom win MPs' vote
- 'A great, great woman': Trump praises the Queen as they celebrate the 'eternal friendship' between their nations as he and Melania join Her Majesty and Duke and Duchess of Cambridge at State Banquet
- Boris Johnson claims he supports Kim Darroch amid Tory criticism
- Morning digest: Centre in talks with J&K and Ladakh on special status, China-U.S. trade deal announced, and more
- Who is In, Who is Out? Boris Johnson Set for Cabinet Reshuffle After Conservative Election Victory
- Stay out of EU affairs, leading MEP tells British government
- Corbyn to face angry Labour MPs on Tuesday evening
- Labour's £11,000 hit to your pension: FTSE boss warns of 'hidden threat' behind Jeremy Corbyn's desire to seize control of key industries
- US intelligence: rebels likely shot down MH17 'by mistake' – as it happened
- Boris Johnson calls for a snap poll after MPs, including 21 Tory rebels, seize control of Commons to block no deal - and now PM must see off plot by Opposition and Remainers to deny us even a new General Election
- Britain, Holland and US spearhead fightback against Putin's cyber war as they reveal how Moscow's web of hackers hit high-profile targets across the globe - including chemical weapons watchdog probing Salisbury attack
Prime Minister meets UK Secretary of State for Defence have 728 words, post on en.vietnamplus.vn at July 22, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.