Hanoi (VNA) – There remains room for Vietnamese exports to the African market , experts said at a virtual workshop on Vietnam-Africa trade promotion held by the Vietnam Trade Promotion Agency ( Vietrade ) on July 21.
Speaking at the event, Le Hoang Tai , deputy head of the agency, said Vietnam has established trade relations with all 54 African nations whose population amount to some 1.3 billion.
Bilateral trade between Vietnam and Africa has grown positively over the past year, hitting 6.7 billion USD in 2020, he added.
Nguyen Minh Phuong from the Ministry of Industry and Trade's Asia-Africa Market Department said Vietnam has recorded mostly trade surplus to this regional market.
She noted South Africa is Vietnam's main export market with a turnover of 681 million USD last year, followed by Egypt, Ghana, and Côte d’Ivoire.
Cao Minh Tu from the same department underscored farm produce as the top priority for the bilateral trade, with Africa importing 596.1 million USD worth of rice from Vietnam in 2020.
Freshwater fish, apparel, footwear products, medical equipment, scooters, spare parts, generators and water pumps are those that can be successfully exported to Africa, he added.
Experts at the event praised opportunities for Vietnamese firms in the market but also warned of transaction frauds./.
- China steps up efforts to export nuclear reactors
- Why the potential for a trillion-dollar 'carbon bubble' grows bigger every day
- Ethiopia opens largest wind farm in Africa
- The Morning Briefing: Making SMBs export ready
- Trade official: Cleantech central to forthcoming U.S. export push
- Lack of IT could turn Africa into the world's next mobile manufacturing hub
- South Africa steps up battle against cybercrime as Dexter trojan hits fast food chains
- Pre-loved Melbourne bicycles find a new home in Africa
- Taiwan NGO eyes e-learning potential in Vietnam
- Alipay partners with Australian Tourism Export Council
- Africa's bright future drying up?
- Games talkfest gives boost to local industry
- Schooling Vietnam: How tech companies are training the next wave of workers
- Parenting: Are You Doing It Right? Depends on Where You Live.
- Designer creates bicycle-powered electronic waste recycler
- Hope and Dreams
- The latest nuclear power newcomer: Bolivia
- Indonesia, Vietnam favorable investment hotspots
- Saudis Fear Iranian Control Of Yemen Due To This Strategic Choke Point
- How one of the most obese countries on earth took on the soda giants
Potential for Vietnamese exports to Africa: workshop have 368 words, post on en.vietnamplus.vn at July 21, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.