Addressing the nation Vietnam’s worst coronavirus wave yet, he said the pandemic was developing rapidly and in a complicated manner, causing great harm to people’s health and all other aspects of life.
Protecting the health and lives of the people remains the foremost priority, and everyone, including people in Vietnam and outside the country, needs to push further and not let the coronavirus get any chance to take hold and proliferate in the community, he said.
The Party, the government and other authorities must remain resolute and expend all resources to fight the pandemic and stand ready to tackle all situations that arise, he added
“We will absolutely defeat the pandemic. We must,” Trong stressed.
Vietnam has recorded 124,565 local Covid-19 cases after the fourth coronavirus wave hit the nation late April. HCMC alone accounts for 81,781 cases.
The death toll under the new wave stands at 828, taking the overall pandemic tally to 863.
- Afghan Taliban chief calls for direct talks with US
- UP BJP chief calls alliance MLA a thief, SBSP says legislator targeted for being Dalit
- Bahujan Vikas Aghadi: The Party That Gave BJP a Tough Fight in Palghar
- UN Chief Calls for End to Deadly Clashes Between African Herders and Farmers
- Killings: Saraki, Dogara Rap Security Chiefs, Call For Drastic Action
- AFP: Romania ruling party chief defiant despite new jail term
- AFP: UN chief appeals for end to fighting in south Syria
- Libya: As Security Council Imposes Sanctions On 6 Human Traffickers in Libya, UN Chief Calls for More Accountability
- UN chief appeals for end to fighting in south Syria
- UP BJP chief calls alliance MLA 'thief', SBSP says legislator targeted for being Dalit
- Romania ruling party chief convicted over fake jobs scandal
- Health chiefs calling for ‘share of £20bn NHS birthday funding’ to fill £14m cash deficit
- UN chief calls for immediate end to military escalation in Syria
- TDP Vows to Unite Regional Parties to Oust 'Dictatorial, Anti-People' Modi Govt in 2019
- Prisoners Solidarity Group Launches Petition to Free Palestinian MP
- Who is Jeremy Corbyn, who’s his wife, what’s the Labour Party Leader’s constituency, could he be Prime Minister and how old is he?
- Is Opposition unity against BJP strengthening day by day? Rahul’s iftar party sends mixed signals
- Congress' VM Sudheeran blames factionalism for party's defeat in Kerala bypoll, urges leaders to end rivalry
- Kejriwal-Baijal rift: Subramanian Swamy calls Delhi CM ‘Naxalite’
- J&K Governor calls all-party meet, NC wants dissolution of Assembly
Party chief calls for solidarity in Covid-19 fight have 394 words, post on e.vnexpress.net at July 29, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.