HCM CITY – Minister of Health Nguyễn Thanh Long has discussed with leaders of Bình Dương the establishment of an intensive care unit for COVID-19 patients in one of the southern province’s hospitals.
The ICU Centre with 200 ventilators will play a important role in reduce the rate of severe and death of the COVID-19 cases.
The ministry has suggested that the ICU should be set up at the province general hospital in Thủ Dầu Một City, and be connected with its professional council and with field hospitals and lower-level hospitals.
Long said that the ICU would be managed by Associate Professor Nguyễn Lân Hiếu, director of the Hà Nội Medical University Hospital.
He also said his ministry would dispatch more healthcare personnel to support the province with vaccination so that the campaign is effective.
Chairman of the province People’s Committee, Võ Văn Minh, called on the ministry's continued support for treating COVID-19 patients, conducting tests and distributing vaccines for industrial workers.
The province would focus on vaccinating people living in 'red' areas, where COVID cases have been detected in the previous seven days, he said.
Its northern 'green zone' has no cases and therefore, people travelling from the “red zone” to the “green zone” must practice isolation according to regulations.
Long agreed with the Bình Dương leader’s epidemic prevention strategy, especially for vaccination, which prioritises the 'red zone,' and described it as a creative approach.
Eight more ICUs will be established in the south-eastern region.
The Bình Dương Province Department of Health said just between 5pm on July 30 and 6am on July 31 the province recorded 868 new COVID cases, taking the total number in the fourth wave to 13,472, including 62 deaths.
On July 28 the province began strict night-time measures, banning people from leaving home between 6pm and 6am except for medical emergencies or Covid-19 related activities.
Vehicles coming from other provinces and passing through Bình Dương on national highways cannot stop in province’s areas. – VNS
- Harrogate mum says 'incompetence' has put her daughter with anorexia in intensive care
- Deadly Aussie flu 'set to cause RECORD hospital admissions' as winter bug sweeps UK with hundreds in intensive care
- Concerns around staff shortage at women's mental health hospital
- Dearth of burn units hurting Punjab
- Norfolk MP visits exhibition of work by mental health patients
- Medical chief visits region’s mental health trust
- Rush Green community group give generous gift to hospital premature baby unit
- Why Thousands of Americans Are Risking It and Skipping Health Insurance
- Mental health ‘centres of excellence’ planned
- Patient 'froze to death' waiting for ambulance as doctors warn of growing NHS winter crisis
- Mental health ‘centre of excellence’ plan for Worthing
- Mental health beds in Chichester could close
- Bike rehab is helping critical care patients along the road to recovery at the Royal Gwent Hospital in Newport
- Man “frustrated” at mental health delays took his own life after NHS 111 hung up on him
- Lack of facilities at Civil Hospital paint dismal picture of health sector
- ‘You’re lucky to have the Lister!’ – Grieving husband praises the Stevenage doctors and nurses who cared for his dying wife
- Health staff turn snow angels to keep hospital running
- Chiefs in call for public to give views on future of minor injury units
- ‘Risk summit’ ordered after whistleblower raises concerns about East of England Ambulance Service patient deaths
- Doctor admits 'failings' regarding death of St Ann's Hospital patient
Ministry of Health to set up intensive care unit for COVID patients in Bình Dương have 601 words, post on vietnamnews.vn at July 31, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.