* On July 28, a delegation of the Military Region 5 Command, led by its Deputy Commander Major General Nguyen Dinh Tien, worked with Khanh Hoa province's Steering Committee for COVID-19 Prevention and Control, the provincial Health Department, and military units to inspect their preparations for the Field Hospital for Infectious Diseases No.4 run by the Defense Ministry.
Previously, hundreds of troops from the provincial military command and medical staff from Military Hospital 87, from July 25 to 28, sprayed disinfectants and cleaned the whole field hospital, as well as prepared necessary facilities, medical equipment, etc. to put the hospital into operation at any time.
The 500-bed hospital is ready to receive soldiers and people infected with COVID-19 for treatment.
* In the same day, Ho Chi Minh City will offer calls free of charge to switchboard 1022, which provides COVID-19 prevention and control-related information, according to the city’s Information and Communications Department.
In particular, the department required mobile telecommunications service providers VNPT-Vinaphone, Mobifone, and Viettel to offer free calls to switchboard 1022 under the portal 1022 in HCM City from 0:00 on July 28, to support local people amid the pandemic.
Portal 1022 is the only communication channel between HCM City government and the people to receive information related to social issues, with the participation of 86 units and 625 points being authorities at all levels and functional agencies in HCM city.
* Regiment 244 under the Quang Ninh provincial Military Command, on July 28, received 126 Vietnamese citizens returning from the U.S. and put them under quarantine.
At present, the regiment is quarantining 252 citizens.
* The same day, Military Region 9 opened a "Zero VND stall" to support pandemic-hit people in Bui Huu Nghia and An Thoi wards, Binh Thuy district, Can Tho city.
Particularly, poor households will receive goods such as rice, fish sauce, soy sauce, cooking oil, sugar, instant noodle, vegetable and fruit, pork, chicken, and others.
During the event, the organizers and people strictly followed COVID-19 prevention and control regulations.
* On July 27-28, the Can Tho city Military Command presented gifts to the poor in O Mon and Co Do districts to share difficulties with them in the fight against COVID-19.
Particularly, the command handed over 300 gifts, worth VND 500,000 each, to disadvantaged people in the locality.
Moreover, the command provided 4.2 tons of rice, 4 tons of vegetable and fruit, 4,000 eggs, and other necessities to the locals.
* Chemical Battalion 38 under Military Region 4 (MR4), in coordination with the Nghe An provincial Military Command, on July 28 mobilized troops to disinfect residential areas related to COVID-19 cases in Quynh Luu district, Nghe An.
MR4 sent 30 troops and four specialized vehicles to decontaminate major roads, agencies and units, medical stations, quarantine sites of Quynh Giang, Quynh Hung, An Hoa communes, Cau Giat town, and Minh An hospital.
* The same day, the Naval Region 2 Command and Thai Son Construction Company sent two trucks to transport goods to local people in pandemic-hit areas in ward 11, Vung Tau city and Long Tho commune, Nhon Trach district, Dong Nai province.
The goods included 1,000 kilograms of fresh scad, 1,200 kilograms of vegetable, worth VND 100 million in total.
Moreover, Brigade 167 under Naval Region 2 sent vehicles to deliver necessities (canned food, dry goods, vegetables and fruits), worth VND 50 million, to students at the dormitory of the University of Finance-Marketing and Thu Duc College of Technology.
* Under the direction of the Dong Nai provincial Military Command, on July 27-28, the Long Thanh district Military Command sent 35 troops to reinforce anti-COVID-19 forces in Bien Hoa city.
The reinforcement will assist on-duty forces at Field Hospitals No.6 and No.7.
The same day, Reconnaissance Unit 2 under the Vietnam Coast Guard Command sent five officers to support anti-COVID-19 forces in quarantine sites of Nhon Trach district.
* Military Region 1 (MR1) closely worked with local authorities to conduct disinfection in pandemic-hit areas in Tan Khanh commune, Phu Binh district, Thai Nguyen province.
MR1 mobilized nearly 30 troops from Chemical Battalion 23 and four specialized vehicles to spray disinfectants in residential areas related to COVID-19 cases.
* The Department of Politics under MR9 on July 28 visited, encouraged and presented gifts, including food and VND 50 million in cash, to forces on duty at 10 medical checkpoints and quarantine sites in Ninh Kieu and Cai Rang districts, Can Tho city.
On this occasion, the department handed over more than 200 gifts and VND 5 million to representatives of quarantine sites in Hung Phu ward, Cai Rang district.
* Sharing difficulties with anti-COVID-19 forces and quarantined people, local Pham Thang Bang, owner of Bangupes Orchids Garden at No.50, Le Dai Hanh street, Pleiku city, Gia Lai province donated VND 295 million and 100 boxes of instant noodles to the Steering Committee for COVID-19 Prevention and Control of the Gia Lai provincial Military Command.
* The Coast Guard Region 4 Command and the Mass Mobilization Commissions of the Provincial Party Committees of Kien Giang and Ca Mau, on July 28-29, handed over 300 gifts to needy families affected by COVID-19.
The gifts, worth VND 1 million each, included cash and necessary goods.
* On July 28, a delegation of the HCM City Command, led by its Second-in-Command Officer Major General Le Ngoc Hai, handed over medical supplies and anti-COVID-19 equipment to the Binh Duong provincial Military Command.
The gifts included 23,000 face masks, 1,000 sets of protective clothing, 2,000 pairs of gloves, 500 splash shields, 500 bottles of hand sanitizer, 10 boxes of Chloramine B.
* The same day, delegations of the Department of Politics of MR7 and the Honorary Consulate of the Republic of South Africa in HCM City offered 500 gift packages of rice, cooking oil, fish sauce, and other necessities, as well as 500 insurance cards to needy households in Cu Chi district, HCM City.
The gifts aim to support the locals to overcome impacts caused by COVID-19 in the current context.
* A large number of organizations, collectives, and enterprises presented medical supplies to Binh Duong province in support of the province in the COVID-19 prevention and control.
Particularly, Binh Duong provincial General Hospital received 10 AIRVO 2 high flow oxygen ventilators, worth VND 1.25 billion from Unigroup.
The medical center of Phu Giao district received four ambulance cars from Thien An pagoda. The medical center of Dau Tieng district also got four Evita V300 ventilators and a blood gas analyzer, valued at VND 3.8 billion in total, from Charm Group (HCM City).
The same day, the C-Holdings Joint Stock Company (Binh Duong) offered 34 disinfectant sprayers to the medical center of Thuan An city and 17 tons of vegetable and fruit, and 10 tons of rice to quarantine sites and needy laborers in the province.
Translated by Quynh Oanh
- What It's Like Growing Up As A Military Brat
- 25 Complaints to the US Military Broadcasting Network About Political Bias, Sexual Assault PSAs, and 'Faggot Movies'
- Meet France's Elite Revolver-Toting Counter-Terrorism Units
- Sudan Refuses to Let UN Investigate Reports of Mass Rape By Military
- It Just Got A Lot Easier To Own A Surplus Military Hummer
- Nursing Home Owner in Caguas, Puerto Rico: 'There Is No Help'
- Why the United States might pay China before we pay our own soldiers
- Here's How to Help People in Puerto Rico Right Now
- Crimean Crisis Military Update #2: Wider Invasion Imminent?
- The People Vs. Nan-Hui Jo: Domestic Violence Victim Becomes Criminal
- America's Ash Trees Are Being Wiped Out—Here's How You Can Help Them
- Drivers in East St. Louis Ignored Little Boy As He Lay Dying Following Hit-and-Run
- People don't trust Google Glass or Bitcoin, if they've heard of them at all
- Q&A: The People Behind
- The Black Superhero Who Helped Me Navigate a White World
- All The Things The GOP Candidates Got Wrong On The Military
- 'Disease detectives' use high-tech sleuthing to protect us from pandemics
- Makes Killing Billions of People Feel Educational
- Trans People Do Not Endanger Society the Way Society Endangers Trans People
- These Elite Military Helicopter Units Fly Washington's Power Players
Military units and local authorities wholeheartedly help pandemic-hit people have 1261 words, post on en.qdnd.vn at August 31, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.