HCM CITY — A local man setting himself on fire in the middle of the street on Monday was not protesting the city’s pandemic prevention plan in Thủ Đức City as rumoured, according to the People’s Committee of Trường Thọ Ward.
The ward authority said the 46-year-old man, who lives with his sister’s family, has a permanent residence at Street 11, Trường Thọ Ward, Thủ Đức City.
According to his family, he has a medical certificate that lists a mental disorder level 2. The ward's People Committee said the man was being treated in the emergency room in the Burns Department of Chợ Rẫy Hospital.
The authorities are currently investigating the incident and the rumours. — VNS
- Health Minister works with Can Tho on HFMD prevention plan
- Man sets himself on fire outside Hanoi gov't office to protest court verdict
- Mysterious man sets fire to sleeper bus in HCMC
- Government set to tweak HCM City land zoning plans
- Man sets house on fire in Ho Chi Minh City’s Bui Vien area
- HCMC sets prevention plan for flood tides
- HCM City’s equitisation plan falls short
- HCM City Birth Rate Plans Not Working as expected : Health Officials
- HCM City officials want schools to set up canteens to prevent food poisoning
- City, neighbours make plans for traffic safety during Tết
- HCM City, neighbours make plans for traffic safety during Tet
- One million USD to hire experts for the city's master plan
- HCM City needs over 4 bln USD for flood prevention, wastewater treatment
- HCM City needs over US$4 bln for flood prevention, wastewater treatment
- HCMC to minimize damage for residents in areas under planning
- Ky Anh residents continue pollution protest
- Prevention and relocation plan needed for southern region
- Ho Chi Minh City seeks more green space amid rapid urbanisation
- HCM City repairs damage caused by Typhoon Usagi
- Can Tho city reels from dengue outbreak
Man who set himself on fire was not protesting city's pandemic prevention plan: city authorities have 327 words, post on vietnamnews.vn at July 21, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.