Vo Manh Cuong, 35, was fined for numerous violations, including not having a driving license and driving under the influence, police of the Central Highlands province stated Friday.
Cuong is also being investigated for using signal lights for priority vehicles. The ambulance he rented has also been seized.
On the night of July 26, Cuong drove an ambulance carrying two people along National Highway 25. While there were no patients requiring urgent medical assistance inside the ambulance at the time, Cuong still used the signal lights and sirens designated for priority vehicles.
When he reached Ayun Pa Town, he was stopped at a Covid-19 checkpoint near To Na Pass. He was unable to show his driver’s license, documents to prove he tested negative for the coronavirus or a license allowing the use of priority signal lights.
A quick test revealed Cuong and another person in the ambulance had been on drugs.
Cuong later confessed he rented the ambulance for VND2 million from a company that provides transportation services for hospital patients.
- One man’s search for harmony on the West Bank
- Woman in her 90s dies after waiting in an ambulance outside hospital for an HOUR because there were no beds
- Teen sisters hailed 'heroes' after saving man and his four-year-old son from drowning
- Man involved in 2018 love triangle murder-suicide case says 'I wish I could take it back'
- Hospital charges thousands to man who fainted
- Night of chaos as man 'whips people with belt and tries to steal from tourists'
- The quiet man who is a big noise at a vital outpost
- Wisbech 'murder': First photo of man found dead as girls, 14 and 16, arrested
- 'Sister Wives' Star Meri Brown Reportedly Renting New Home Amid Rumored Problems With Husband Kody
- Arun Jaitley, BJP's man for all seasons, passes away
- CCTV shows out-of-control Nissan mount kerb before ‘deliberately’ ploughing into pub smoking area killing man, 36
- Enfield stabbing: Man, 20s, dies after stumbling into hospital with stab wounds
- Lorry driver arrested over the death of 39 migrants ‘passed out’ when he discovered his human cargo, it's claimed
- Exploding e-cigarette kills 24-year-old Texas man
- Man Shot During New Zealand Mosque Attack Played Dead to Survive: 'I Was Calm Because I Would Be a Martyr'
- Mummified Body of Elderly Man Found in Apartment 11 Years After He Died
- Man's secret hell as condition meant he brushed teeth 30 times a day
- Man, 26, totally paralysed by freak fever could only speak to girlfriend with his eyes
- MAN CRIES TO BUHARI, WIKE: I could not afford N15m bribe, DSS beat me so mercilessly I became blind
- Chilling true story behind Gunpowder plot - and Guy Fawkes wasn't the man responsible
Man rents ambulance to pass Covid checkpoint have 422 words, post on e.vnexpress.net at July 31, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.