Vietnamese designer Lam Gia Khang
The list compiled Vogue has been put together by some of the world's top fashionistas who nominate several designers, with each one representing the best in fresh talent from their respective regions.
The renowned publication quoted Lisa Ruffle, buying manager (ready-to-wear) of Moda Operandi, as saying that she originally discovered Vietnam-based Gia Studios on Instagram before falling in love with designer Lam Gia Khang's refined approach to reinventing the everyday wardrobe.
"Khang embodies the simplicity and elegance of Vietnamese culture in a way that feels fresh and innately feminine, drawing on traditional Vietnamese craftsmanship to deliver precise tailoring and distinctive designs," Ruffle noted.
The 27-year-old Khang originally launched Lam Gia Khang brand in October, 2014 before going on to launch four collections and hold two fashion shows on his own.
In 2015, Khang was named among the "30 under 30" list by Forbes Vietnam to honour 30 outstanding people under 30 years old who are significant influencers in their business fields in the nation. He was in the Top 3 of the Project Runway Vietnam in 2013 and achieved the Upcoming Fashion Designer Of The Years at Elle Style Awards from Elle Vietnam in 2015.
The list of Vogue's top eight emerging international designers are Kika Vargas of Colombia, Australian pair Juliette Harkness and Emma Nelson from Deiji Studios, Bevza of Ukraine, and Gruzia Nina and Gvantsa Macharashvili from Mach & Mach of Georgia. This is in addition to Sindiso Khumalo of South Africa, Thakoon Panichgul from Hommegirls of the United States, and Dami Kwon and Jessica Jung from We11done of the Republic of Korea.
- Denmon emerges as No. 15 Missouri’s go-to player
- Seo in Open lead when play suspended
- Which big names will get their money?
- Coaching diversity slowly rising at FBS schools
- NFL team preview: Buffalo Bills
- The Who, Spice Girls ready to rock
- Grinnell has a 113.4-point plan for success
- Ricketts in prime position to hire next GM
- Olympic Club fairways pose challenge
- Suns work out Burke, other top point guard prospects
- St. Paul Saints keeping fun simple at Midway Stadium
- Crawford a lot like Clemente … so far
- Nothing on TV is doing visual humor like
- A hole in
- SUPER BOWL: Profiles of key players
- Lochte’s dominance the result of hard work
- Preseason countdown: No. 4 Alabama
- Super Bowl is a tough one to call
- Puig a hot All-Star topic – but not the only one
- 32 Teams in 32 Days: North Korea
Lam Gia Khang named among leading emerging designers by Vogue have 419 words, post on dtinews.vn at July 31, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.