Hanoi (VNA) – Total retail sales of goods and services shrank 8.3 percent month-on-month in July to 339.4 trillion VND (14.84 billion USD) as a result of restrictions induced to stem the ongoing COVID-19 outbreak, according to the General Statistics Office (GSO).
The figure was 19.8 percent lower than a year earlier since the fourth coronavirus wave , which forced many southern cities and provinces to impose social distancing, is taking heavy toll on trade, transport and tourism, the GSO said on July 29.
This month, the transport sector carried an estimated 146.3 million passengers and 111.5 million tonnes of cargo, down 50.4 percent and 24.3 percent, respectively, from the same month of last year.
Total retail sales of goods and services in the first seven months of this year exceeded 2.79 quadrillion VND, up 0.7 percent year on year. Close to 1.92 billion passengers were transported during the period, down 9.6 percent, while cargo transport reached 987.4 million tonnes, up 3.1 percent.
The Ministry of Industry and Trade is formulating specific plans to stimulate consumption and sustainably develop the domestic market./.
- Masan acquires 20 pct stake in Phuc Long tea chain
- We've Rounded Up the Fourth of July 2021 Sales, From A to Z - E! Online
- Movie ticket sales plunge to one quarter of last year's total
- Retail sales record surprise fall in May
- Best Fourth of July Beauty Sales 2021: Sephora, Ulta, Soko Glam, & More - E! Online
- FMCG sales up nearly 40% in June as states unlock
- Poultry prices soar as Covid-19 lockdown takes toll | The Express Tribune
- Indonesia imposes partial lockdown in COVID-19 hotspots
- COVID-19 tourism impact could top $4t: UN
- Disney World Is Still Reopening This Weekend as Florida's Covid-19 Cases Skyrocket
- In Kerala, COVID-19 pandemic has put the brakes on tourist buses so much so that many operators are putting them up for sale
- Grubhub Offers ‘Free Exposure’ To Restaurants Struggling To Survive Covid-19 Closures, But It Comes With A 3% Rate Increase
- Americans' July Fourth festivities sparkle after last year's COVID-19 cancellations
- C.D.C. Warns the New Virus Variant Could Fuel Huge Spikes in Covid-19 Cases
- Some Nations Could Wait Years for Covid Shots. That’s Bad for Everyone.
- CV Sales May 2021: Ashok Leyland's Total Sales Drops 62% Against April 2021 Amidst COVID Lockdown
- California Offers $500 in Covid-19 Aid to Undocumented Immigrants
- How COVID-19 hit our family - and how we navigated this period with our disabled son | View
- COVID-19: Transforming challenges into opportunities
- Sourav Ganguly-Led BCCI Promises Compensation For Domestic Players After Second Covid-19 Wave Disrupts Schedule
July retail sales plunges nearly 20 pct year-on-year due to COVID-19 have 390 words, post on en.vietnamplus.vn at July 29, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.