The idea of setting up the pharmaceutical industrial park was launched during recent trade and investment promotion sessions for the pharmaceutical industry organized by the Vietnamese Embassy in India, according to the local Vietnam Trade Office.
Vietnamese Ambassador to India Pham Sanh Chau said construction of the pharmaceutical industrial park would open an opportunity to welcome large pharmaceutical giants for long-term investment, helping Vietnam reduce dependence on traditional pharmaceutical supplies and diversify production chains.
It is estimated the industrial park would create jobs for 50,000 direct and 200,000 indirect workers, earning export revenue of about $5 billion per year.
Leaders of localities in Da Nang and Thua Thien-Hue in central Vietnam, Long An in southern Vietnam, and Hai Duong, Bac Ninh, and Thai Nguyen in the north have discussed land rent, geographical location, transport infrastructure and investment incentive mechanisms with Indian investors.
Ramesh Babu, chairman of India-based pharmaceutical manufacturing company SMS Pharmaceutical Group, which plans to invest in the pharmaceutical industrial park in Vietnam, said if successful, it would turn the country into a leading pharmaceutical research, development and production base in Southeast Asia and the world.
Analysts at SSI Securities estimated Vietnam’s pharmaceutical industry to grow by 15 percent in 2021 mainly due to a rapidly aging population and rising incomes.
- Dying "Mother Ganga": India's holy river succumbs to pollution
- Ahead of Modi visit, U.S. sees no threat to Pakistan from arms deal with India
- Vietnam’s Labor Newspaper, Where a Staff of 200 Reports on Abuses at Home and Abroad
- China Asks Asia Powers to Join in War Games and U.S. Is Not Invited, Report Says
- How they became us: Orange County changed forever in the 40 years since the fall of Saigon
- America’s Quiet Crackdown On Indian Immigrants
- Amazon is no longer a Seattle company. Here's what that will mean for future workers and its second headquarters
- Community Calendar for August 8
- Your guide to the new Downtown Las Vegas
- How the AR-15 became America's most popular rifle
- Family warns of ‘Hot Water Challenge’ danger after teen suffers severe burns
- Community Calendar for August 15
- Community Calendar for August 22
- HTC officially cuts the cord on HTC Vive
- Cryptocurrency Daily News Bulletin: August 14_ 2018
- Will Hurricane Harvey Recovery Sink or Save a Texas City Already Fighting for Survival? The Texas Observer
- Connecticut Is a Mess. Can Ned Lamont Clean It Up?
- ‘Blowback,’ the Prequel
- Inside The Real US Ground War On ISIS
- Opioid defendants step up giving as a costly reckoning looms
India seeks to pour $500-mln into Vietnam pharmaceutical hub have 394 words, post on e.vnexpress.net at July 31, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.