- HCM City hospitals manage to keep COVID deaths low
- Thousands return to central region by motorbike due to halt to public buses
- Capital’s response to a nationwide outbreak
- Việt Nam records second-highest daily COVID-19 increase on Friday, adds nearly 300 deaths
- HCM City to shorten medical procedures to speed up vaccination programs
CENTRAL REGION — The central city of Đà Nẵng and Hội An ancient town will begin social distancing orders under the Prime Minister’s Directive 16 from 6pm on Saturday, strengthening drastic measures to control the spread of COVID-19.
The city hopes the strict orders will break the rapid rise in infections. On Friday, 65 new cases were detected.
Local people are warned not to go out unless necessary. Three months worth food and supplies have been reserved at stores and supermarkets.
The city plans to set up 'green zones' at living quarters and factories where zero infections have been identified, to help maintain production and ensure a healthy environment in wider, protection areas.
At least seven traditional markets and one living area in Sơn Trà District has either temporarily closed or been locked down already.
Markets will reduce the number of stores by half, and shoppers will be allowed to enter on a staggered system to ensure distancing.
Each market will open for seven hours per day, four hours in morning and three hours in the evening, instead of 14 or 16 hours as before.
The city's health department has called for voluntary support from retired doctors and nurses as well as senior students from medical universities to help with the mass vaccination programme starting in August.
It is hoped at least 20,000 people will be inoculated each day. — VNS
- Vietjet Air launches Da Nang-Tokyo air route
- Indian President visits Da Nang Museum of Cham Sculpture, My Son Sanctuary
- Brazil’s ex-president ‘Lula’ da Silva starts serving jail sentence
- Trump offers public embrace of Kim Jong Un hours before summit begins
- After tense showdown, Brazil's da Silva in police custody
- Wild dolphin adventure in New Zealand pays strict attention to rules when moms with calves are spotted
- The Chosen Ones: New World Order
- Social layer cakes abound in new sci-fi offerings
- Trump issues order banning most transgender troops from serving in military
- VIETNAM NEWS HEADLINES OCTOBER 31
- Islander builds house from recycled plastic bottles, sets up homestay
- Hanoi's entire police force ensures safety during Tet
- National Day in Vietnam
- Cathay Pacific customer who bought first class ticket at economy price during apparent glitch says booking cancelled
- Suncity Group’s diversified development: Sun Food and Beverage expands its business to Chengdu
- Asian Insider Feb 7: Trump-Kim Summit II
- War reporter reflects on Vietnam’s will to move on
- Asia in 2017
- Tap blockchain to help beat corruption
- VIETNAM BUSINESS NEWS HEADLINES OCTOBER 31
Hội An, Đà Nẵng begin strict social distancing orders have 505 words, post on vietnamnews.vn at July 31, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.