HCM City to set up more ICU centres for seriously ill patients
On July 29, Minister of Health Nguyen Thanh Long worked with HCM City authorities about Covid-19 preventive measures in the city. Long said they were heading in the right direction and emphasised that they also need to focus on how to save seriously ill patients and reduce fatalities. The ministry will continue to send more staff from other provinces and cities to help HCM City.
Leaders of related departments and top hospitals such as Bach Mai Hospital, E Hospital and K Hospital will go to HCM City to set up an effective system, especially the ICU system with 3,000 beds.
Besides the ICU centre with 1,000 beds at HCM City Oncology Hospital 2, the city would set up three more ICU centres for Covid-19 patients.
Director of Vietnam-Germany Hospital Tran Binh Giang will manage the ICU centre in Thu Duc with 500 beds. Giang said the anaesthesia and resuscitation team of the Vietnam-Germany Hospital had arrived in HCM City.
The Director of Bach Mai Hospital Nguyen Quang Tuan will manage the ICU centre at the Field Hospital 16 with 500 beds. Hue Central Hospital will manage the ICU centre at Field Hospital 13. The directors of other hospitals were asked to be ready for a new ICU centre if necessary.
The directors asked HCM City authorities to have a detailed plan for human resources so they can arrange staffing.
Deputy Minister of Health Nguyen Truong Son said in order for the plan to work effectively, a control centre should be set up to regulate everything. HCM City authorities should make sure that the logistics system works well.
Nguyen Van Nen, party secretary of HCM City and Nguyen Thanh Phong, chairman of HCM City People’s Committee, agreed with the plans to set up new ICU centres.
- Ho Chi Minh City considers quarantining direct COVID-19 patient contacts at home
- HCM City to pilot quarantining Covid-19 F1 cases at home
- HCM City to kick off COVID-19 vaccination campaign on June 19
- HCM City buses empty as Covid-19 outbreak continues
- HCM City opens two more COVID-19 treatment health facilities
- HCM City wants to buy Covid-19 vaccines on its own
- Many tourist sites in HCM City suspended due to Covid-19
- Telangana HC stays state govt’s contentious circular regulating entry of COVID-19 patients
- Five in Ho Chi Minh City neighborhood diagnosed with COVID-19
- 40 Covid-19 patients are in critical condition
- HCM City sets GRDP growth target of USD37,000 by 2045
- One more hospital transformed to treat COVID-19 patients in HCM City
- Two large hospitals take shape in HCM City to treat COVID-19 patients
- University students in Ho Chi Minh City spare dorms for COVID-19 quarantine
- 100 more Covid-19 patients announced in Monday noon report
- 71 more Covid-19 patients confirmred on Tuesday morning
- Vietnam confirms 64 more Covid-19 patients as of Wednesday morning
- A Best Western hotel in London is now taking in Covid-19 patients as hospitals run out of beds
- 2 COVID-19 patients discharged in 12 hours after new antibody therapy
- Delhis COVID-19 patients in home isolation in need of Oxygen can apply here, check details
HCM City to set up ICU centres for Covid-19 patients have 510 words, post on dtinews.vn at July 29, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.