The city's authority is cooperating with relevant units to ensure the supply of essential goods.
Hanoi has announced a list of more than 8,000 essential goods supermarkets, convenience stores, and wet markets across the city, with daily operating hours mainly from 6am to 10pm.
|Shoppers at Big C Thang Long on July 24. Photo: The Hanoi Times|
The list, made by the Hanoi Department of Industry and Trade, included post offices and express delivery services for goods transportation and supply.
It helps to ease Hanoian resident’s concern of supply shortfall during the 15 days under social distancing measures.
The city-based major supermarket systems said they have increased their supply by 200% to ensure the supply of essential goods as well as keep prices unchanged.
After three days the city's partial lockdown became effective, the purchasing power of goods at supermarkets through online channels has increased sharply because people have limited going out, according to local retailers.
However, the transport of goods to customers is slow due to the overload of orders. Some local providers said that they have faced difficulties when Hanoi tightens the delivery activities to control the transmission risks.
Director of the Hanoi Department of Transport, Vu Van Vien underlined freelance shippers, mainly serving food and drinks, are not allowed to operate in the city during this period as they may spread the novel coronavirus.
Acting Director of the Hanoi Department of Industry and Trade Tran Thi Phuong Lan said that the department on July 26 sent a list of 700 two-wheel delivery staff of supermarkets (including Big C Thang Long, BRG Retail, MM Mega Market in Hanoi) to the municipal Department of Transport for the approval of their operation in the city.
The Hanoi People’s Committee has requested the municipal Department of Industry and Trade to regularly review and set up plans to ensure the supply of goods on the basis of forecasts and the pandemic situation.
- With over 3,000 Covid-19 cases, HCM City vows to control outbreak by end of social distancing period
- HCM City to extend social distancing period to curb spread of Delta variant
- HCM City ensures social distancing does not cause scarcity of essential goods
- Ho Chi Minh City keeps applying social distancing measures amid COVID-19 escalation
- HCMC to keep coronavirus restrictions after social distancing
- Bustling HCM City is eerily quiet as social distancing is extended amid COVID-19 outbreak
- Market stalls in Saigon resort to online sale, contactless payment during social distancing
- HCMC lists services allowed to operate during new social distancing order
- Stricter social distancing measures increase woes for restaurateurs
- HCMC imposes social distancing from May 31
- What are social distancing measures in Ho Chi Minh City?
- Rule of Six: Social distancing rules, support bubbles and exemptions explained
- Martin Lewis walks off This Morning after 'threatening' to break social distancing rules
- One year into pandemic, the art world struggles to survive the impact of lockdowns, travel bans and social distancing
- Several parts of Binh Duong begin social distancing
- Dong Nai imposes social distancing in four areas
- Tien Giang’s My Tho City begins social distancing
- Matthew McConaughey Thanks Social Distancing for Family Time: 'My Mental Health and Family Life Are Improving'
- Coronavirus: Shops reopen in Wales with social distancing
- QSR chains to step up drive-throughs as consumers opt for social distancing & convenience
Hanoi has over 8,000 essential goods outlets during social distancing period have 531 words, post on hanoitimes.vn at July 27, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.