His reappointment is part of the resolution passed by the 15th NA to ratify the Prime Minister's proposal on the appointment of 18 ministers and four other members of the Government for the 2021-2026 tenure. The resolution won the majority of "yes" votes.
General Phan Van Giang was born on October 14, 1960 in Hong Quang commune, Nam Truc district, Nam Dinh province.
He is member of the 13th Politburo, member of the Party Central Committee in the 12th and 13th tenures, deputy of the 14th and 15th National Assembly, and Deputy Secretary of the Central Military Commission. He holds a doctoral degree in military science.
On April 8, 2021, at the 11th session of the 14th NA, he was appointed as the Minister of National Defense for the 2016-2021 tenure.
On July 28, 2021, at the first session of the 15th NA, he was reappointed as Minister of National Defense for the 2021-2026 tenure.
Translated by Trung Thanh
- Defense leaders join various gratitude activities
- Defense leaders join cultural festival in Thai Nguyen province
- Military leaders guilty of violating defense land management rules
- Vietnam, Germany expand defense cooperation
- Former top cops stand trial in massive gambling case
- Meaningful activities for revolutionary contributors conducted nationwide
- Agri-trade to blossom through EVFTA
- MND, MoH further promote military-civilian health program
- Military units carry out meaningful activities for national contributors
- Russian disinformation network said to have helped spread smear of U.S. ambassador to Ukraine
- PAN debuts Lao, Khmer online editions
- Muslim voters attacked in Sri Lanka presidential election
- Five vital transport projects completed in 2019
- BUSINESS NEWS HEADLINES DECEMBER 17
- MobiFone-AVG deal goes to court
- The rice race has changed, and Vietnam's not in the running
- The Hill's Morning Report — Presented by National Association of Manufacturers — Whistleblower complaint roils Washington
- Final goodbye: Recalling influential people who died in 2019
- Trump, Boris Johnson discuss 'ambitious free trade agreement': UK spokesperson
General Phan Van Giang reappointed as defense minister have 294 words, post on en.qdnd.vn at September 3, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.