At the meeting, the guest briefed the host on the functions and missions of the US Marine Corps forces in the Pacific region. He highly appreciated the positive outcomes of bilateral cooperation between US Marine Corps Pacific and the Vietnam Navy over the past time.
General D. Berger said that his visit this time aimed to seek approaches to expand the bilateral cooperation, and affirmed that he would spare no effort to deepen bilateral defense cooperation between the US and Vietnam in the future.
For his part, General Nam said that the bilateral defense cooperation between the two countries have seen a number of positive outcomes in line with the development of the Vietnam-US Comprehensive Partnership.
Over the past time, the two sides strengthened bilateral defense cooperation in exchange of delegations at all levels, personnel training, maritime security, humanitarian relief, UN peacekeeping operations and overcoming the aftermaths of war, on the basis of equality, mutual respect and for interests of each country as well as for peace, stability and development in the region.
The host hoped that General Berger, in his capacity as the chief of the US maritime forces in the Pacific region, would contribute positively to promoting Vietnam-US defense relations and cooperation.
Translated by Thu Nguyen
- Commander of U.S. Army Europe may have been exposed to coronavirus
- US Marines Prioritize Making Land-Based Anti-Ship Missiles Once Banned by INF Treaty
- MD Marine Killed In Combat In Iraq Survived By Wife, 4 Kids
- US Author Reveals What is Behind Cuts in ‘America’s Bomber Force’
- Iran's Supreme Leader Appoints Soleimani's Deputy as Quds Force Chief
- US commander paints grim picture of US-Taliban peace accord
- Threat of Japan’s Self-Defense Forces Turning Into Army Strongly Exaggerated
- US general: US strikes destroy weapons depots, more remain
- Pilot killed in Pakistan Air Force F-16 crash in Islamabad
- Forced online by virus, China’s schools run into censorship
- Trump presents Medal of Freedom to retired four-star general
- Prince's last parade? As a boy, he loved to wear tiny Paras fatigues, but now, after what might be a last appearance in uniform, RICHARD KAY looks at how Harry's life-long passion for the armed forces has come to a sudden end
- Trump, His Generals, and the Iran Crisis: An Interview with Author Peter Bergen
- Top general: Iran threat 'remains very high' after US strikes on proxy militia in Iraq
- US Air Force Deploys B-2 Stealth Bombers to Europe Amid Massive Drills
- Top General: Coronavirus Could Push Iran To Lash Out at U.S.
- Iran likely behind attack that killed Americans in Iraq: US general
- Question of who read Defence Force report into possible civilian deaths hangs over Operation Burnham inquiry
- U.S. general says Taliban fought IS with limited U.S. support
- A to-do list for how Broncos general manager John Elway should proceed in free agency
General Nam receives Commanding General of US Marine Corps Forces Pacific have 454 words, post on en.qdnd.vn at July 31, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.