HCM CITY — HCM City has suspended toll collections at BOT (build-operate-transfer) toll stations to support the fight against the latest COVID-19 outbreak.
The city People's Committee on July 20 decided to temporarily stop toll collection operations at the An Sương – An Lạc toll station, Phú Mỹ Bridge toll station, Hà Nội Highway toll station, and toll stations on Nguyễn Văn Linh Boulevard in HCM City.
The committee sent an urgent document to request relevant departments and agencies, BOT investors, and toll road operators to strictly implement the halt.
The investors and operators are required to arrange staff to protect equipment and assets and ensure traffic safety at the toll stations, and have a plan to resume fee collection immediately after the halt is lifted.
They should also support employees affected by the halt and work with credit institutions to ask for debt rescheduling and extension of payment deadlines during the social distancing period.
The Department of Transport was assigned to supervise the toll-collection suspension activities.
The suspension will last until the city lifts social distancing measures under Government Directive No 16 or makes further announcements.
On July 19, the Directorate for Roads of Việt Nam (DRVN) asked to temporarily postpone toll collections at all BOT toll stations in southern cities and provinces from July 20 to support the fight against the pandemic.
Discussions about the suspension took place among the people's committees of these localities, BOT investors and toll road operators, as well as the Việt Nam Electronic Toll Collection (VETC) Company, Việt Nam Expressway Development and Investment Corporation (VEC), Việt Nam Digital Traffic Joint Stock Company, and Việt Nam Road Administration.
Toll stations in localities not affected much by the outbreak will only exempt tolls for vehicles carrying medical devices and equipment, medicines and essential goods.
Vehicles transporting cadres, medical workers and vulnerable people to pandemic-hit areas and people returning home from COVID-19 hotspots will also be exempt from the toll fee.
Transport departments in localities have been asked to monitor the suspension and restart toll collections only when their social distancing orders are lifted.
Besides HCM City, 18 southern provinces and cities are also applying social distancing measures under Directive No 16, including Bình Dương, Đồng Nai, Cần Thơ City, Bình Phước, Tây Ninh, Bà Rịa – Vũng Tàu, Tiền Giang, Long An, Vĩnh Long, Đồng Tháp, Bến Tre, Hậu Giang, An Giang, Bạc Liêu, Sóc Trăng, Trà Vinh, Cà Mau and Kiên Giang. — VNS
- A Bot Panic Hits Amazon's Mechanical Turk
- Death Toll From Floods in Japan Climbs To 176
- 11 dead in flood in southern Italy
- Pensioners could get 10 years tax-free if they move to southern Italy
- Inside the slum that houses southern Italy's migrant workforce
- The Mission to Build the Ultimate Burger Bot
- Rescuers in flood-hit Japan search for the missing as death toll tops 150
- Genoa bridge collapse: death toll now stands at 30
- Strong Wind Gusts Return to Scorched Parts of Southern California
- California Fire: Number of Missing Soars Past 1,000 as Death Toll Hits 71
- On the Southern Circuit During the Season of Republican Resurgence: Hot Springs, Savannah, Memphis & Key West
- New Model Reveals Rips in Earth's Mantle Layer Below Southern Tibet
- **LIVE UPDATES** Deadly Florence Wreaks Havoc in Carolinas as Death Toll Rises
- More than 600 now missing as death toll grows to 63 in Northern California's Camp Fire
- Alabama Tornadoes: What's The Death Toll For The Natural Disaster? Local Sheriff Calls Twisters 'Catastrophic'
- Secret Group of Killer Whales Discovered in Southern Ocean
- Woah: Southerners Aren’t More Obese Than The Rest Of America, They’re More Honest
- East Antarctica Isn't As Quiet As Scientists Thought—The Region Has Earthquake Activity After All
- Meteor struck Southern Nevada 382M years ago, scientist believes
- The ocean is full of drifting DNA. The United States needs to start to collect it, researchers say
BOT toll collections suspended in southern region have 676 words, post on vietnamnews.vn at July 22, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.