HCM CITY— People who are close contacts of COVID-19 cases can book hotels for quarantine at the www.hochiminhcity.gov.vn website of the city Department of Tourism.
Overcrowding is occurring at quarantine facilities in the city as the number of COVID-19 cases has risen, leading to an increased need for quarantine at hotels.
The department is co-operating with Traveloka Việt Nam to provide information on hotels used as quarantine facilities and their prices as well as unoccupied rooms.
People can book online and pay via the website of www.traveloka.com/vi-vn/promotion/khachsancachly or the Traveloka application, starting on August 1.
This co-operation is part of the programme called HCM City Tourism Sector Joining the Fight against COVID-19.
The Department of Tourism is working with people's committees in Thủ Đức City and districts to call on 395 hotels to register as quarantine facilities for COVID-19 patients' close contacts (called F1).
Among these, 117 hotels have been approved by the Department of Health. The rest are in the clarification process.
The department is working with the Department of Health and districts to ask hotels to provide rooms for frontline health workers who need accommodation after working hours to limit transmission risk to their relatives.
At least 164 hotels with 4,541 rooms have provided preferential prices for frontline health workers.
On July 19, the Department of Tourism said that 20 other hotels were providing free accommodations and meals to frontline health workers.
Non-profit Food Bank Việt Nam is collaborating with Ambassador Hotel in District 1 and Bảo Long Hotel in Gò Vấp to provide free accommodation to 210 doctors, nurses and volunteers involved in fighting COVID.
As of July 26, the Ministry of Health had reported 62,906 COVID-19 patients in HCM City since the fourth wave started on April 27.
Among these, 657 cases are using ventilators and 12 others are on an extracorporeal membrane oxygenation (ECMO) machine.
The city has recorded three more clusters in District 10 and Tân Bình, with a total of 37 clusters under strict supervision and rapid localisation.
According to the city Centre for Diseases Control and Prevention, the city has divided the second branch of Psychiatric Hospital in Bình Chánh District into two parts, including one for treatment of people with mental illness. VNS
- Eurotunnel website CRASHES and travel firms report their biggest Saturday sales EVER as people rush to book before 'traffic light' system letting Brits holiday WITHOUT quarantine comes into force 'on July 6'
- Don't pack your toothbrush just yet: Priti Patel warns Britons desperate to jet off on holiday that air bridges will not happen 'overnight' and the UK still needs to negotiate with countries to lift quarantine rules
- Coronavirus: Hope in the science of 'superspreaders'
- Upper Crust and Caffè Ritazza will cut 5,000 jobs and warns just one FIFTH of outlets will survive into autumn as working from home is blamed for collapse of Britain's lunchtime economy
- Coronavirus live updates: Contra Costa, Santa Clara, Solano among CA counties ordered to stop indoor business
- Coronavirus live updates: Harvard scientists urge California to ramp up testing
- Coronavirus live updates: New restrictions in California could lead to longer economic downturn
- Coronavirus news from the Bay Area: June 30 to July 1
- EU agrees to reopen borders to 14 countries, extends travel ban for US tourists
- Vacation rentals in huge demand among 'safety-first' holidaymakers
- How are new coronavirus hot spots being contained?
- Self-isolating: 47 things to do if you're bored at home
- Crowds flock to Britain's outdoor drinking areas and take a seat outside pubs BEFORE Boris gives the official green light - but Rishi Sunak drops another hint 2-metre rule will be ditched this week as another new low of 128 COVID-19 deaths are announced
- Drinkers gather outside pubs across Britain amid 73F sunshine today ahead of longest day of the year as Rishi Sunak hints that two-metre rule will be relaxed next week
- Coronavirus: Red Cross slams US and Brazil response
- Coronavirus latest: WHO warns pandemic 'not even close' to being over
- England eases lockdown: how pubs, hairdressers and restaurants will work
- Coronavirus: Half of Germany scared of second wave
- COVID-19 aggravates Cameroon's Anglophone crisis
- Coronavirus latest: Rio activists dig Copacabana graves in protest against Bolsonaro
Bookings for quarantine hotels can be made via city website or app have 705 words, post on vietnamnews.vn at July 27, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.