The COVID-19 pandemic has affected more than 1,400 businesses in the capital, slashing the wages of workers and subsequently making their living conditions that much harder.
To ensure production can continue, enterprises have instituted a number of measures that have significantly decreased the monthly income of workers.
Notably the majority of workers in industrial parks come from poor, rural areas.
And behind those workers are not only themselves, but whole families counting on them.
These are some of the up close and personal moments of those workers.
Vietnam News Agency’s photographer Phan Tuấn Anh and Hoàng Hiếu captured daily life of labourers working at Quang Minh Industrial Park, in the Thăng Long Industrial Zone in the northern outskirts of Hà Nội.
Working families with small children rely on help from grandparents or take days off to look after the children. — VNA/VNS Photo Hoàng Hiếu
Children entertain themselves while waiting for their parents to return from work. — VNA/VNS Photo Hoàng Hiếu
Nguyễn Văn Toàn enjoys a meal with his children after a long day at work. — VNA/VNS Photo Phan Tuấn Anh
- Lady Gaga expands on rape at 19
- Cool Home: Keeping 'The Little Spark' on in life, home
- Holmdel boy's life not defined by cancer
- 'Life of Kylie': What we learned from the teaser for Jenner's reality show
- Heartbeats: Saint Peter's Child Life Program gets $40K donation
- People more likely to be rude on social media; affects friendships in real life
- Will real-life natural disasters affect an incoming 'Geostorm'?
- You can 'Keep Up' with Kylie Jenner on her new E! docu-series, 'Life of Kylie'
- Life and death in the falcon nest box
- Bronx supercop Ivan Marcano proposes to girlfriend Hilda Molina during Shakespeare in the Park production 'Love's Labour's Lost'
- ‘Love’s Labour’s Lost,’ theater review
- Conservative British PM Fighting For His Political Life in Britain's Election
- Payson flash flood survivor connects with man who saved his life
- 70+ fun things for week of April 13-19
- Remembering Marie Brooks: Celebrating the life of the late Afro-Caribbean dance veteran
- Bristol Palin’s reality show, ‘Life’s A Tripp’, to debut on Lifetime June 19
- 50+ fun things for week of July 13-19
- Colorado manager Walt Weiss, raised in Suffern, living the mile-high life with Rockies
- What’s happening in Central Jersey: May 19 and later
- Indiana father says he forgives his parents for abducting his son, then living with his homeless ex-wife, 19 years ago
A labourer's life during COVID-19 have 455 words, post on vietnamnews.vn at July 24, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.