HCM CITY— HCM City authorities have exempted certain categories of people from the dusk-to-dawn restriction they have imposed hoping to break the back of COVID-19.
They are emergency personnel and those involved in pandemic control, reporters and newspaper delivery people, sanitation workers, workers who fix electricity and other infrastructure problems, essential transportation vehicle drivers, and workers at gas stations on the city’s borders
The ban on leaving home between 6pm and 6am, starting on the evening of July 26 , was imposed after the southern economic hub failed to see signs of improvement in the pandemic situation after 56 days of social distancing and more than two weeks of the stringent Directive 16, which virtually mandates a lockdown.
The restriction will last until August 1.
Streets were mostly empty on the first evening of the night-time restrictions.
Police officers, military personnel and local officials patrolled the streets, monitoring checkpoints and fining violators.
In Tân Bình District, police warned a few people who were on the streets after 6pm.
They included a 40-year-old man who wore medical gloves and mask and was riding home with an oxygen cylinder.
He told officers his daughter suffered from liver tumour and her oxygen cylinder had run out. Needless to say, they let him go.
At Thủ Đức city checkpoints, the only vehicles they saw were their own and those used for COVID control.
At around 9pm a man on a motorbike was stopped on Đỗ Xuân Hợp Street. The 22-year-old from District 1 told officers his girlfriend was sick and he was carrying medicines for her. But he was fined nevertheless since he was not in the five priority categories.
In other districts, the police fined several people for violating the ban and coming out into the streets. VNS
- HCM City to build plant variety, animal breeding centers
- HCM City readies land to expand infrastructure at IPs and EPZs, attract investment
- HCM City readies land to expand infrastructure at IPs and EPZs
- HCM City aims to develop 300 cooperatives to 2030
- Tourists returning from Đà Nẵng to HCM City airport to be quarantined for 14 days
- HCM City firms find ways to cope with Covid-19
- Coach Chung back to lead HCM City FC
- HCM City: supermarkets slash food prices amid Covid-19
- Wages cut amid pandemic, HCM City’s labourers have their burdens shared
- HCM City prepares scenario for 50 new COVID-19 cases
- HCM City to use 20,000sq.m of public lands to resettle Thu Thiem residents
- HCM City firms owe $77.4m in social insurance
- HCM City’s electricity production up 6.19 percent in nine months
- HCM City closes public parks to deal with Covid-19 outbreak
- Novaland Group parnters with Minor Hotel to manage 5-star int’l hotel in HCM City
- HCM City to use 20,000sq.m of public land to resettle Thu Thiem residents
- Dept of Industry and Trade to continue support of enterprises: HCM City official
- Residence-hotel complexes attract HCM City’s expats
- HCM City issues work permits to 5,370 foreigners since year's beginning
- More rooftop solar projects for HCM City
5 priority groups allowed to go out in HCM City after 6pm have 679 words, post on vietnamnews.vn at July 27, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.