4,560 new domestic Covid-19 cases reported
The Saigon Times
|Medical workers take samples from residents in Hanoi City for Covid-19 testing. The Ministry of Health this evening, July 31 reported 4,564 fresh Covid-19 cases, including four imported cases and 4,560 domestic ones in 35 provinces and cities – PHOTO: VNA|
HCMC – The Ministry of Health reported 4,564 fresh Covid-19 cases, including four imported cases and 4,560 domestic ones in 35 provinces and cities, this evening, July 31, taking the day's total number of infections to 8,624.
Among the locally-infected cases, HCMC accounted for the most at 1,677, taking the city's case number today to 4,180. The city's caseload in the ongoing Covid-19 wave has surpassed 90,000.
Binh Duong came second with 1,207 fresh cases, sending its daily spike to 2,075 infections, followed by Long An with 544, Khanh Hoa with 335, Dong Nai with 234 and Dong Thap with 115. The remaining cases were reported in 29 other provinces and cities.
Vietnam has to date reported 145,686 Covid-19 cases, with 141,877 domestic infections having been detected since the current fourth wave of Covid-19 began in late April. Some 36,000 Covid-19 patients have recovered from the disease in the current wave.
Due to raging Covid-19, the prime minister has issued a telegram ordering 19 southern provinces and cities to continue applying the stay-at-home order in line with Directive 16 for two more weeks and tighten control over residents' travel.
Under the order, the provinces and cities must intensify the enforcement of the shelter-in-place order. Residents are banned from leaving their home, except for special cases, from August 1 until the social distancing period ends.
In addition, the Ministry of Public Security was tasked with directing the provincial and municipal police departments to work with the governments of localities to take home their residents from virus-hit areas in a safe manner.
In related news, over 2,800 Covid-19 patients were discharged from hospitals in HCMC on July 30, taking the city's total recoveries to 31,146, the HCMC Center for Disease Control said today.
The municipal center also said that the city detected three more chains of Covid-19 infection in districts 4, 5 and 10 on July 30, while closely monitoring 27 other chains.
HCMC took delivery of one million out of five million doses of the Vero Cell Covid-19 vaccine produced by Sinopharm today, said the Health Ministry.
This is the first shipment the Chinese drugmaker has sent to HCMC under a contract with Saigon Pharmaceutical Company (Sapharco).
Sapharco had earlier signed a deal with Sinopharm to import five million doses of the vaccine under the HCMC government's authorization, the local media reported.
Elsewhere, Danang City began the citywide social distancing order under the intense Directive 16 from 6.00 p.m. today until further notice as the number of Covid-19 cases in the city is rising. The city reported 55 new cases today.
Accordingly, residents are banned from going out, except for urgent or essential purposes such as buying food, emergencies or medical checkups.
Besides, competent forces were told to regularly check the compliance with Covid-19 safety regulations and impose heavy sanctions on violators, as well as tighten control over people and vehicles entering the city.
- New York motor show: full report
- The new Adelaide Oval: A case for failing frontliners and wagging tails.
- No new positive equine flu cases but BHA plays safe on end to lockdown
- Panthers S Eric Reid believes his new deal will help case against NFL
- The All-New 1998 Chevrolet Corvette – Inside Report!
- Eagles-Redskins final injury report, with analysis
- ’19 Straight’: How one Jets play fueled a history-altering upset in Super Bowl III
- Report: Robert Kraft will not accept plea deal offered in prostitution case
- Case Keenum is the Broncos starting quarterback ‘right now,’ new coach Vic Fangio says
- Facelifted Renault Kadjar Debuts With Updated Styling, New 1.3L Turbo Petrol
- Judge rejects Uber $3 million settlement with New York drivers
- Chelsea launch late transfer move for Barcelona prodigy Moriba dubbed ‘new Pogba’
- Chelsea make late transfer move for Barcelona starlet Moriba dubbed ‘new Pogba’
- Odubel Herrera of Phillies Arrested in Domestic Violence Case
- Kareem Hunt Suspension Reflects Checkered History Of NFL And Domestic Abuse
- 2015 LA motor show - report and gallery
- Former 49er Reuben Foster acquired by new team three days after arrest
- Reports: Manchester United star set to join Juventus on loan
- Reports: Chelsea duo set for loan moves in January
- Police studying use of e-reporting for traffic cases
4,560 new domestic Covid-19 cases reported have 699 words, post on english.thesaigontimes.vn at July 31, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.