HÀ NỘI — The Health Ministry on Thursday announced a further 233 deaths related to COVID-19. The pandemic has now claimed 863 lives in Việt Nam.
Of those new deaths, 189 occurred in HCM City from July 24 to 26, 14 deaths in Khánh Hòa Province from July 19 to July 26, 10 in Long An Province from July 25 to 26, eight in Đồng Nai Province from July 23 to 26, six in Bến Tre Province from July 20 to 25, four in Vĩnh Long Province from July 20 to 26 and two in Bình Dương Province from July 20 to 22.
Việt Nam also confirmed a further 7,594 new COVID-19 infections on Thursday, bringing the national total to 128,413.
Of the new cases, there was only one imported while the other 7,593 cases were locally transmitted. HCM City had the most cases again with 4,592, followed by Bình Dương (1,144), Long An (499), Đồng Nai (325), Bà Rịa – Vũng Tàu (185), Đồng Tháp (157), Tây Ninh (139), Bình Thuận (63), Hà Nội (59), Đà Nẵng (54), Phú Yên (52), Đắk Lắk (44), Cần Thơ (39), Bình Phước (35), Vĩnh Long (31), Kiên Giang (21), Khánh Hòa (18), Trà Vinh (18), Hậu Giang (13), Bình Định (11), An Giang (10), Hải Dương (10), Thừa Thiên Huế (10), Quảng Nam (10), Nghệ An (7), Lạng Sơn (6), Vĩnh Phúc (6), Thanh Hóa (6), Bạc Liêu (4), Đắk Nông (4), Phú Thọ (4), Cà Mau (4), Hà Tĩnh (4), Ninh Thuận (3), Lâm Đồng (2), Hà Giang (2), Ninh Bình (1) and Quảng Ngãi (1).
Of the new locally transmitted cases, 1,536 infections were detected in the community, outside of quarantined or locked down areas.
As of Thursday, in the fourth wave of the COVID-19 pandemic, in Việt Nam that began on April 27, a total of 124,635 domestic infections have been recorded.
Five northern provinces – Yên Bái, Điện Biên, Quảng Ninh, Bắc Kạn and Nam Định – have not recorded any new infections for 14 days.
On Thursday, 4,323 COVID-19 patients were given the all-clear, bringing total recoveries in Việt Nam to 31,780 cases.
There are 346 seriously ill patients currently being treated in intensive care units (ICU), and 19 patients in a critical condition requiring extracorporeal membrane oxygenation (ECMO) life support.
In total, 5,321,09 doses of COVID-19 vaccine have been administered in Việt Nam to date, with 496,630 people having received the full two shots. — VNS
- Drug deaths in Plymouth reach record high
- Guy Martin sets a new speed record in a tractor
- Jeffrey Epstein signed will two days before death, records show
- Jeffrey Epstein signed will two days before death
- Woman given infected blood after miscarriage, inquiry hears
- Father tells inquiry of horror of twins being infected with HIV
- AIDS deaths down a third since 2010: UN
- New HIV diagnoses in England are the lowest since 2000
- Philippines declares a national dengue epidemic after 622 deaths
- 'MS is not a death sentence
- Inquiry into infected blood scandal hears victims’ stories
- Cast out by HIV: How hundreds of children have been infected
- Ebola death toll hits 1,500 in Congo
- Daughter (1) and wife of Ebola victim now infected
- New implant, vaccine trial offer fresh HIV hope
- H1N1 influenza death toll rises to 71 in Myanmar
- Daring to dream: The women and girls on HIV's new front line
- Tallink transports record 1.24 million passengers in July
- New HIV diagnoses in UK at lowest level since 2000
- Cocaine warning as Yorkshire drug deaths reach record high
233 more COVID deaths, 7,594 new infections recorded have 572 words, post on vietnamnews.vn at July 29, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.