HÀ NỘI — A further 1,228,500 doses of the AstraZeneca COVID-19 vaccine arrived in HCM City's Tân Sơn Nhất Airport this morning.
This is the fifth batch of COVID-19 vaccines from the order with AstraZeneca. They were acquired under the contract signed between AstraZeneca Vietnam and the Việt Nam Vaccine Joint Stock Company (VNVC).
The contract was negotiated with the support of the Vietnamese Ministry of Health.
So far, the order has provided more than 3.1 million vaccine doses for Vietnamese people, the equivalent to about 37 per cent of AstraZeneca’s total COVID-19 vaccine available in the country currently.
Nearly 8.6 million doses of the vaccine have been delivered to Việt Nam through the contract with VNVC, COVAX's dose-sharing mechanism, and donations from other nations.
Nitin Kapoor, Chairman and General Director of AstraZeneca Vietnam said that the number of vaccines AstraZeneca provided for Việt Nam in July showed its commitment to support the country’s fight against the pandemic.
“We will continue to cooperate with the health ministry, WHO, UNICEF, and VNVC to bring the vaccines to Việt Nam as quickly and safely as possible, to help the people return to normal life and reunite with their family,” he said. — VNS
- WHO donates 10 botulism antitoxin vaccine doses to Vietnam
- EXCLUSIVE: Oxford AstraZeneca vaccine volunteer reveals he suffered fever, chills, headache and fatigue 14 hours after having anti-Covid jab - as second participant says he is 'keen and eager' to continue with paused trial
- The right structural adjustments help Viet Nam achieve long-term growth aspirations
- Viet Nam's current account forecast at 3.7% in 2020
- Việt Nam's current account forecast at 3.7% in 2020
- Two dead as storm Molave approaches central Việt Nam
- Coronavirus | Serum Institute seeks permission for ‘phase 2/3’ clinical trials of Oxford vaccine
- Houston top doc weighs in on CDC's hopeful COVID-19 vaccine plan
- Oxford and AstraZeneca's COVID vaccine trial is put on HOLD as British volunteer has 'serious' reaction 'that triggered spinal cord infection'
- Oxford coronavirus vaccine trials RESUME as they get the all-clear from regulators after volunteer fell ill with fever and chills
- Oxford coronavirus vaccine COULD still be ready by Christmas, says AstraZeneca after trial was paused when a British woman became critically ill after having the experimental jab
- Australia to receive first batch of AstraZeneca COVID-19 vaccine in January 2021 - PM to say
- RPT-CORRECTED-Australia to receive first batch of AstraZeneca COVID-19 vaccine in Jan 2021 - PM to say
- Japan's Shionogi readies COVID-19 vaccine for December trial- CEO
- Vietnam has conducted nearly 1.24 million COVID-19 tests, Gov't says
- AstraZeneca's COVID-19 Vaccine Trial Continues in India Despite an ‘Unexplained Illness' in the UK
- Coronavirus Vaccine Update as Bill Gates-backed Firm Could Make 200 Million Kits a Year
- Inovio’s COVID-19 Vaccine Set To Go Through Critical Stage Three Trial As AstraZeneca’s Vaccine Study Put On Hold
- Coronavirus | Serum Institute pulled up for not pausing vaccine trial
- Covid Speed Read: India sets aside Rs 50k cr for vaccination; PPE-wearing doctors suffer side effects
1.2 million more AstraZeneca vaccine doses arrive in Việt Nam have 506 words, post on vietnamnews.vn at July 23, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.