Vung Tau to build 250-hectare airport
The Saigon Times
|A plane transporting oil workers to the mainland at the Vung Tau Airport. Ba Ria-Vung Tau Province will build a new airport on Go Gang Island in Long Son Commune to replace the Vung Tau Airport – PHOTO: NLDO|
HCMC – The Go Gang Airport project covering some 248.5 hectares will be developed in Long Son Commune in the southern province of Ba Ria-Vung Tau's Vung Tau City to replace the Vung Tau Airport which will be cleared for urban development.
Speaking at a meeting chaired by Nguyen Van Tho, chairman of the province, on June 15, the provincial Department of Transport said that the Vung Tau airport is located in the center of Vung Tau City and managed by Vietnam Helicopter Corporation. The airport is used to serve flights for oil exploration and exploitation.
However, noise and emissions during the operation of the airport have affected people's health and the environment.
As such, it is necessary to relocate the airport out of the center of Vung Tau City to boost the socioeconomic development of the province, create a breakthrough for the tourism sector and expand the city's urban space.
Long Son Commune's Go Gang Island has been selected as a location for the new airport which would cost an estimated VND9 trillion, as it boasts of multiple advantages and aligns with Vung Tau City's general development plan approved by the Prime Minister.
The chairman of the province asked the provincial department to work with the relevant units to review the airport plan and the 1/2000-scale zoning plan as well as review land-related obstacles facing the project.
Earlier, the government of Ba Ria-Vung Tau Province had allowed a study of the location of the new airport on Go Gang Island in Long Son Commune, Tien Phong Online reported.
- New Saigon-Vung Tau ferry service delayed amid Covid-19 resurgence
- Ba Ria-Vung Tau: 518.5 million USD for new-style rural building
- Ba Ria - Vung Tau among top localities in FDI attraction during 2016-2020
- Trees, birds, ponds: Mexico City's ancient lake reclaims scrapped airport
- Delay in land disbursement stymies progress of Long Thanh int'l airport
- We are crash landing: Britain's top business leaders desperate for Covid airport testing issue dire warnings over economic disaster of failing to get the UK flying again
- Delay in land disbursement stymies progress of Long Thành int'l airport
- Gatwick bosses fear demand for flying won't return to pre-Covid levels before 2025 after losing £321m in first half of year - but Wizz Air offers glimmer of hope as it opens new base at airport
- Melbourne under siege as a triple whammy of misery sweeps the city with widespread blackouts, 250,000 without water and panic buying after wild weather and the coronavirus combined for a perfect storm
- Can Gio District aims to develop into eco-urban area
- VIETNAM'S BUSINESS NEWS HEADLINES SEPTEMBER 4
- VIETNAM'S BUSINESS NEWS HEADLINES SEPTEMBER 3
- VIETNAM'S BUSINESS NEWS HEADLINES AUGUST 30
- VIETNAM'S BUSINESS NEWS HEADLINES SEPTEMBER 7
- Can Gio district targets to be an international tourist destination
- Vietnam registers 4 imported COVID-19 cases, 12 recoveries, 2 deaths
- Hospitality gears up for a rebound
- Foreign-owned aluminum company embroiled in yet another scandal
- Vietnam reports four new imported cases of Covid-19
- Four new imported COVID-cases recorded on August 31 evening
Vung Tau to build 250-hectare airport have 533 words, post on english.thesaigontimes.vn at June 16, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.