The index stayed in the green throughout the day and fluctuated at 1,360 points before closing with a near 10-point gain. It scored a total 38 points in the last two sessions, en route to its previous peak of 1,374 points.
Trading value on the Ho Chi Minh Stock Exchange (HoSE), on which the index is based, rose 6.6 percent to VND25.34 trillion ($1.1 million). The bourse saw 202 tickers gain and 184 lose.
The VN30 basket, comprising the 30 largest capped stocks, saw 21 tickers in the green, with VHM of real estate giant Vinhomes and VIC of largest private conglomerate Vingroup the biggest contributor to VN-Index's gain with 5.4 points.
VHM surged 3.7 percent to a new height, having gained nearly 23 percent this year.
VIC of biggest private conglomerate Vingroup rose 1.7 percent, breaking its downward trend that began on April 19. It has lost nearly 17 percent since.
SSI of leading brokerage SSI Securities Corporation shot up 5.8 percent to a new peak, having risen in the past four sessions.
BVH of insurance company Bao Viet Holdings rose 4.7 percent to a near two-month high.
On the losing side, VPB of private lender VPBank led with a 1.1 percent drop, followed by HDB of HDBank, down 1 percent.
Foreign investors turned net sellers to the tune of VND80 billion, with strong pressure on MBB of Military Bank and VND of brokerage VNDirect.
The HNX-Index for stocks on the Hanoi Stock Exchange, home to mid and small caps, rose 0.73 percent while the UPCoM-Index for the Unlisted Public Companies Market fell 0.11 percent.
- VN-Index hits record high on upbeat financial news
- VN-Index hits new 10-year high on investor optimism
- VN-Index hits near decade-high
- VN-Index hits 730 points
- VN-Index hits 10-year high
- VN-Index hits 26-month high
- VN-Index hits 27-month high
- VN-Index hits 18-month peak
- VN-Index hits three-month high
- VN-Index hits year's new high
- Vinamilk drives up the VN-Index
- VN-Index expected to hit 870 points this week
- Profit taking drives VN-Index down
- VN Index drops from 10-year high
- VN-Index remains steady on uptrend
- VN Index falls after 8-day rally
- VN Index falls after eight-day rally
- VN-Index rally extends
- Profit taking sends VN-Index down
- VN-Index rises above 935 points
VN-Index hits six-session high have 328 words, post on e.vnexpress.net at June 14, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.