The mission was led by Mr. Harinder Sood, Manager of the Triangular Partnership Project(TPP) under the UN Department of Field Support.
At the reception, General Tien underlined that Vietnam's participation in the UN peacekeeping operations has showed its position and responsibility in cooperating with the international community to address consequences of conflicts around the world.
He hoped to further work with the TPP to boost Vietnam's capability to participate in the UN peacekeeping missions, adding that Vietnam has fully prepared level-two field hospital No.1 for deployment to the UN Mission in South Sudan (UNMISS) as scheduled.
For his part, Mr. Sood highly appreciated Vietnam's force and equipment preparations for UN peacekeeping missions and believed that Vietnam has full ability to participate in the TPP.
The DFS is a department of the UN specialized in supporting peacekeeping field missions and political field missions, with priority given to the engineering sector.
The visit to Vietnam this time by the UN-Japanese Government joint mission aimed to study facilities, equipment, and training capability of Vietnam to prepare its peacekeeper engineers for UN peacekeeping missions in the coming time.
Translated by Van Hieu
- Vietnam prepares plan for Asia-Pacific peacekeeping conference
- Defence Ministry’s preparations for ASEAN Year 2020 under review
- Vietnam, Cambodia share experience in UN peacekeeping
- Vietnam calls for increasing vitality of multilateralism
- Vietnam, Cambodia look to strengthen defence ties
- Vietnam promotes multilateralism in its foreign policy
- Promoting Vietnam- Bangladesh friendship and co-operation
- Vietnam calls for IOF’s greater attention to women, children
- Uber to buy Careem? Prepare for ride prices to rise
- Ong Kim Swee hails 'courageous' Malaysia AFC U23 giant killers
- Ambassador: Vietnam active as WIPO 2018-2019 Chair
- The 'forgotten' My Lai: South Korea's Vietnam War massacres
- PM hails Belarusian economic proposals with VN
- How Vietnam Changed Journalism
- Vietnam says nuclear power plant delay won’t cause shortage
- Vietravel prepares capital for aviation projects
- Costa Atlantica's first trip to Vietnam
- Second Vietnam-UK defence policy dialogue
- Vietnam, China seek major uplift in ties
- UNESCO hails famous VN's ancient house as ‘impressive'
Vietnam’s preparations for peacekeeping operations hailed have 328 words, post on en.qdnd.vn at June 19, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.