An unexploded bomb was found underground near the national rail in central Vietnam on Friday, resulting in the blockade of a railway section and thereby affecting many passenger and cargo trains.
A north-south railway section that runs through Quang Binh Province's Tuyen Hoa District was blocked at 1:00 pm on Friday after the explosive item was found several meters away from the track, the Vietnam Railways Corporation (VRC) reported the same day.
Construction workers detected the bomb, left over from wartime, while they were working on a project upgrading the railway section, Nguyen Quoc Anh, deputy general director of VRC told Tuoi Tre (Youth) newspaper.
Following the detection, the railway route between Kim Lu and Dong Le stations was immediately blocked in waiting for the bomb handling, causing stoppage or delay of many trains.
The SE8 passenger train departing from Ho Chi Minh City stopped at Dong Le while the SE7 train transporting travellers from Hanoi ceased at Kim Lu.
Meanwhile, six cargo trains had to stay on at different stations in Ha Tinh and Quang Binh Provinces.
A military unit brought the bomb to the surface on Friday night and the explosive item would be moved away by a specialized vehicle, likely on Saturday morning, deputy general director Anh said.
The VRC had planned to hire coaches to transport more than 230 passengers from two trains SE7 and SE8 through the affected area to continue their journey on another train, he added.
- Investors for Vietnam's North-South expressway to be named next year
- Vietnam’s Eastern North-South expressway set for kick-start next April
- Vietnam calls for investment in North-South Expressway
- VIETNAM NEWS HEADLINES OCTOBER 13
- VIETNAM NEWS HEADLINES OCTOBER 14
- VIETNAM BUSINESS NEWS OCTOBER 14
- 10 of the UK's best railway cycle paths
- Railway Jobs Notification | Latest RRB Exam Online/Railway Current Affairs
- Updates as major railway delays after person hit by train
- Turkey unleashes airstrikes against Kurds in north-east Syria
- An Adventurous Route for Backpacking South East Asia
- Pictured: 'Happy-go-lucky' Everton fan, 12, who died after being electrocuted while playing near high-voltage railway lines
- Active Travel Asia Promotes Vietnam Motorcycle tours in the Ho Chi Minh Trail
- South Wales Echo letters: Wednesday, September 18, 2019
- Cruise Scotland and Discover Some Railway History
- Explore Natural and Urban Sites in South Surrey Hotel
- Charleston, South Carolina.
- South Africa's 'toxic' race relations
- 'I was outraged by the lack of respect' -- The female footballers who fought for change in South America
- Interpol detects foreign terror suspects in Med
Vietnam’s north-south railway section blocked due to bomb detection have 411 words, post on tuoitrenews.vn at June 5, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.