Internet connectivity in Vietnam will remain unstable until mid-July as the error on a submarine cable network has yet to be repaired.
Earlier, errors were detected on two major submarine cable networks, APG (Asia Pacific Gateway) and AAE-1 (Asia Africa Europe 1), in mid-May, which largely affected Internet speed in the country.
While the repair of the APG system will wrap up within Monday, work on the AAE-1 is expected to begin on June 22.
If the repair of the AAE-1 goes as planned, Internet connectivity in the country will fully recover on July 13, according to a local network operator.
Following the detection of the errors, Internet service providers have transferred international connection traffic to backup cable routes in order to minimize the negative impact on users.
International connection in Vietnam relies on several submarine cable systems, namely the APG, AAG, SMW3, IA, and AAE-1, according to the Vietnam Internet Association.
The APG, which runs about 10,400 kilometers underwater across the Pacific Ocean, connects Vietnam with mainland China, Hong Kong, Japan, South Korea, Malaysia, Taiwan, Thailand, and Singapore.
The AAE-1, meanwhile, connects 19 countries and territories in Asia, the Middle East, and Africa.
- Happy Birthday, Internet! Here Are Your Lamest Lifetime Moments
- Net Neutrality: What happened during the July 12 Internet-Wide Day of Action protest
- 20 Events That Shaped the Internet, Part 1
- 10 threats to The Golden Age of the Internet
- Once Again, Congress Risks Allowing an Internet Access Tax
- Two-Thirds of U.S. Internet Users Lack Fast Broadband
- 5 major changes facing the Internet in 2012
- Internet Explorer will drop under 50 percent share by mid-2012
- MIDs: Just Getting Started Or Dead in the Water?
- Symantec: A mid-year status check on security predictions
- Sanity check: Is WiMAX almost here and will it unlock the next stage of the Internet?
- Silent update speeds uptake of Firefox 14
- iPhone 6 rumor rollup for the week ending July 6
- Silent Update Speeds Firefox 14 Uptake
- Microsoft's IE Will Drop Under 50% Share By Mid-2012
- Final Release of Windows Phone Dev Tools Due Mid-September
- Wall Street Beat: Tech shares up as Internet stocks rise
- Google returns Chrome to beta, touts speed boost
- Shift To Mobile Internet Hits Baidu Profit
- Microsoft Speeds Up IE10 Flash Patching, Matches Google
Vietnam’s Internet speed to remain unstable until mid-July have 366 words, post on tuoitrenews.vn at June 14, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.