In his remarks, Deputy Foreign Minister Pham Quang Hieu, head of the committee, said it will send the donations to the COVID-19 vaccine fund as soon as possible.
The 60,000-strong Vietnamese community in the Czech Republic always looks towards the homeland. In 2020, when the pandemic broke out in Vietnam, they sent medical supplies and also about 2 billion VND (86,970 USD) to assist flood-hit localities in the central region.
The Prime Minister issued a decision on May 26 regarding the establishment of the COVID-19 vaccine fund.
It will receive, manage, and use voluntary financial and vaccine donations and assistance from domestic and foreign organisations and individuals, along with other legal sources, for the COVID-19 vaccine procurement and import, research, and production in the country, and the provision of vaccines.
Managed by the Ministry of Finance, the not-for-profit fund will use the capital mobilised for the right purposes and in line with legal regulations, ensuring publicity, transparency, and efficiency. It is subject to examination, inspection, and auditing by relevant State agencies and to supervision by the Vietnam Fatherland Front and the community./.
- Africa should support COVID-19 vaccine trials, provide scientific leadership
- Japan Announces Plans for COVID-19 Vaccinations by June 2021
- Serum Institute to make up to 100 million COVID-19 vaccine doses for India, low-income countries by 2021
- Vietnam expects to launch domestic Covid-19 vaccine by October 2021
- Serum Institute ties up with Bill Gates Foundation, Gavi to speed up Covid-19 vaccine manufacture process
- Who would benefit from a successful Chinese COVID-19 vaccine?
- US government strikes $1.525 billion deal with Moderna for 100 million doses of its Covid-19 vaccine
- It’s not for me: Speed of Covid-19 vaccine race raises safety concerns
- Novavax Covid-19 vaccine induces immune response in early study
- Russia's unproven Covid-19 vaccine will be available to other countries by November, funder says. But safety concerns remain
Vietnamese in Czech Republic support COVID-19 vaccine fund have 369 words, post on en.vietnamplus.vn at June 11, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.