The final round classifies the teams based on their FIFA rankings, putting Vietnam in the last tier with Lebanon. Teams in the same tier will not be in the same group, therefore, excluding Lebanon, Vietnam may clash with the other 10 teams that are Japan, Iran, Australia, South Korea, Saudi Arabia, UAE, Iraq, China, Oman and Syria.
The UAE are in tier three with Saudi Arabia and Vietnam have a 50 percent chance to be in the same group with one of them. If Vietnam are in the same group with the UAE, it would be easier for the Golden Dragons since Saudi Arabia are more experienced, having qualified for World Cup five times while the UAE qualified only once.
In tier four are China and Iraq. Although China are declining on form, they won all previous six encounters with Vietnam. For Iraq, Vietnam only drew one and lost three of their matches.
Oman and Syria are in tier five. Syria topped their group in the second round while Oman advanced as one of the best second-placed teams, the same as Vietnam.
Tier one and two boast the top teams in Asia: Japan, Iran, Australia and South Korea. Facing any of them would be a challenge for teams in other tiers.
The final round of World Cup Asian qualifiers will take place between Sept. 2, 2021 and March 29, 2022. Twelve teams in the final qualifying round will be divided into two groups of six, with the top two teams in each group qualifying directly for 2022 World Cup in Qatar, while the two third-placed teams enter the playoffs.
Video Assistant Referee (VAR) technology will be used in all 60 games of the final round, including 10 matches of Vietnam.
The draw for the final round is set to take place on July 1.
- Detroit Pistons' Henry Ellenson in for USA's FIBA World Cup qualifying
- Recap and Photo Gallery: IFSC Vail World Cup 2019—Bouldering
- Germany suffer shock World Cup exit with 2-0 loss to South Korea
- Recap and Photo Gallery: IFSC Meiringen World Cup 2019—Bouldering
- Recap and Photo Gallery: IFSC Hachioji World Cup 2018—Bouldering
- Recap and Photo Gallery: IFSC Kranj World Cup 2019—Lead
- Recap and Photo Gallery: IFSC 2018 Bouldering World Cup Meiringen
- Recap, Highlights, and Photo Gallery: IFSC Moscow World Cup 2018—Bouldering and Speed
- Recap and Photo Gallery: IFSC Chongqing World Cup 2018—Bouldering and Speed
- Recap and Photo Gallery: IFSC Tai’an World Cup 2018—Bouldering and Speed
- Recap and Photo Gallery: IFSC Chamonix World Cup 2018—Lead and Speed
- Recap and Photo Gallery: IFSC Arco World Cup 2018—Lead and Speed
- Recap and Photo Gallery: IFSC Villars World Cup 2018—Lead and Speed
- Recap and Photo Gallery: IFSC Briançon World Cup 2018—Lead and Paraclimbing
- Fish Out of Ice: A Beginner Takes on the Ice Climbing World Cup
- American Alpine Club to Host 2019 UIAA World Cup Ice Climbing Competition in Denver, CO
- Once sought after, World Cup souvenirs on ‘fire sale’ in Vietnam as event ends
- American Alpine Club Announces 2019 US Team for the UIAA World Cup Ice Climbing Competition
- UIAA Ice Climbing World Cup Denver 2019: Recap and Photo Gallery
- Vietnamese willing to pay to enjoy World Cup in Russia
Vietnam, UAE may face off again in final World Cup qualifying round have 500 words, post on e.vnexpress.net at June 19, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.