The country and more than 100 nations are signing up to participate in the food system dialogues at the global level in September.
Vietnam will do better and carry out more effectively its National Sustainable Development Goals Action Plan (SDG-NAP) in response to the UN Secretary-General’s call for convening a Food Systems Summit 2021, as part of the Decade of Action to achieve the SDGs by 2030.
|An overview of the first National Dialogue on the Vietnam Food System is held on June 15. Photo: nongnghiep.vn|
The information was made by Deputy Minister of Agriculture and Rural Development Le Quoc Doanh at the first National Dialogue on Vietnam Food System: Transparency, Responsibility and Sustainability held in Hanoi on June 15.
This dialogue was an important event for Vietnam to participate in the UN Food Systems Summit 2021, which will take place in September. On the eve of the Summit, the member countries held independent national and regional dialogues to orient actions and build a roadmap of the food system towards sustainability in the context of the "new normal".
The first National Dialogue focused on discussing two main contents, including status and issues to be resolved for Vietnam’s food system, as well as opportunities, solutions, and actions to transform the food system towards transparency-responsibility-sustainability by 2030.
Speaking at the opening of the dialogue, Deputy Minister Doanh said Vietnam’s agriculture plays a particularly important role in ensuring food security and socio-economic stability for more than 60% of the population living in rural areas and contributing 14.85% to the country’s GDP.
"Vietnam highly welcomes and appreciates the call of the UN Secretary-General to organize the Summit. This will help the country orient the food system and work together to achieve sustainable development goals by 2030," he said.
The country will launch bold new actions to deliver progress on hunger eradication, poverty reduction, food security, and nutrition care in rural areas, especially in remote and isolated areas, areas of ethnic minorities, and vulnerable groups such as women and children.
The dialogues also put forth an initiative to jointly support and promote the smart food system to adapt to climate change, develop sustainably, ensure food security and nutrition not only for nearly 100 million Vietnamese people but also for Vietnam to become a transparent, responsible, and sustainable supplier to the world.
Rana Flower, UNICEF Country Representative and FAO Representative in Vietnam said: "Today’s dialogue will empower us to create a more comprehensive and healthy food system, protect people’s health and contribute to the development of the economy."
Vietnam and more than 100 countries have signed up to participate in food system dialogues at the global level in September.
- Government's Sustainable Food and Fibre Futures launched
- Protein diet: Six healthy vegan foods with more protein than meat and dairy
- Shock Slimming World free food changes include pasta and yoghurt
- Ireland's top 30 food experiences
- Seven distinctive dishes from Vietnam’s mountains
- 8 ways to make sure your children eat healthy snacks
- How to lose weight: Six healthy high-fibre foods that help burn stubborn belly fat
- The new Plymouth takeaway and food shop where everything costs £1
- These thrifty 90p packed lunches have won healthy eating awards
- TV nutrition expert Dale Pinnock on how to cut your food bill in HALF
- Aldeburgh Food and Drink Festival: Eating well ‘is good for health and good for society’, conference hears
- Parents divided after little boy arrives home from school with a note praising his family for packing a ‘healthy lunch’
- 21 ways to slash your food bills and beat price hikes
- 'Its Surprising People Wouldn’t Have Voted For Food Sovereignty'
- Study: Millennials prefer buying Romanian food, from rural areas and listen to radio advice on health and nutrition
- The man who's breaking down the barriers to healthy eating
- 10 things you need to see at Liverpool Food and Drinks Festival
- Our first impressions of the food on the opening night of Suncraft
- The foods no longer Syn free on Slimming World
- Hull boxer opens healthy sandwich shop in Anlaby Road
Vietnam towards healthy and sustainable food system have 653 words, post on hanoitimes.vn at June 16, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.