Hanoi (VNA) – Permanent Deputy Prime Minister Truong Hoa Binh on June 24 asked ministries and agencies to roll out specific action plans to speed up the disbursement of public investments and deal with impact of COVID-19 on ethnic minority groups .
The National Assembly has approved the funding that aims to raise living standards of ethnic minority groups and those living in mountainous areas during the 2021-2025 period, said Binh, who is also head of the steering committee for the national target programme on socio-economic development in ethnic minority-inhabited and mountainous areas.
The approval is significant to the country's socio-economic development, he added.
Minister-Chairman of the Committee for Ethnic Minorities Affairs Hau A Lenh said the 2021-2030 national target programme is set to narrow the gaps of living standards and income between ethnic minority-inhabited and mountainous areas and the national average.
The number of communes and villages in extremely difficult circumstances is expected to be halved by 2025, and there would be no localities facing such circumstances by 2030.
The total funding for the programme during the 2021-2025 period stands at about 147.05 trillion VND (over 6 billion USD).
Deputy PM Binh ordered establishing a working group in charge of mobilising official development assistance ( ODA ), and asked the Committee for Ethnic Minorities Affairs and the Ministry of Transport to coordinate with relevant ministries to propose programmes and projects on infrastructure construction and human resources development in ethnic minority-inhabited and mountainous areas, using ODA and foreign loans worth around 350 million USD./.
- Socio-economic situation of 53 ethnic minorities groups surveyed
- Kien Giang province improves life for ethnic minorities
- Kiên Giang Province improves life for ethnic minorities
- Đắk Nông ethnic minority women assisted to approach new tech
- Pao Dung – traditional singing of Vietnam’s Dao ethnic minority
- Vietnam's Central Highland Ethnic Minority Culture, Sports and Tourism Festival about to open
- More black and ethnic minority adoptive families needed
- Khmer ethnic people in Soc Trang enjoy merrier Sene Dolta festival
- WB President: Vietnam - a great development success story
- Northern Vietnam’s hidden paradise: Hideaway resort in Mai Châu
- Tory Conference LIVE: Sajid Javid ‘knows’ Boris’ secret plot to secure no deal Brexit
- Vietnam’s anti-poverty work: success story or skeleton in the closet?
- Schools become home for ethnic children
- Vietnam's casino rush in the offing, but will it be a silver bullet?
- Vietnam’s economic and banking prospects in 2016
- Gender equity for ethnic women: Key to social progress
- Phu Yen hosts festival of Vietnam's ethnic groups
- Vietnam – the destination for Beauty Queens
- Local communities flourish in Vietnam’s leading tourism destinations
- Traditional Pieu scarf of Thai ethnic people
Vietnam striving to raise living standards of ethnic minority groups have 439 words, post on en.vietnamplus.vn at June 24, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.