Vietnam resolutely protests all violations of its sovereignty over Truong Sa (Spratly) archipelago, Foreign Ministry spokesperson Le Thi Thu Hang stated at the ministry's regular press conference held online on June 10.
Vietnamese agencies always keep a close watch on all activities in the Hoang Sa (Paracel) and Truong Sa (Spratly) archipelagos as well as Vietnam’s territorial waters in the East Sea. (Illustrative photo: VNA)
Responding to questions related to the situation on the East Sea, the spokesperson said Vietnamese agencies always keep a close watch over all activities in the Hoang Sa (Paracel) and Truong Sa archipelagos as well as on Vietnamese waters in the East Sea.
Regarding reports that several Chinese vessels appeared near Tri Ton island in Vietnam's Truong Sa archipelago, Hang reiterated that Vietnam has sufficient historical evidence and legal grounds to testify to its sovereignty over Hoang Sa and Truong Sa in accordance with international law.
As a member of the 1982 UN Convention on the Law of the Sea (UNCLOS 1982), Vietnam has sovereignty, sovereign rights and jurisdiction over related waters in the East Sea as defined in line with the Convention, she said.
Commenting on a report that the chief of staff of the Philippine armed forces made a trip to Thi Tu island in Vietnam's Truong Sa and affirmed the Philippines' plan to convert the island into its logistics hub, the spokesperson stressed that Vietnam resolutely objects to all violations of its sovereignty and related rights over the Truong Sa archipelago.
"Vietnam requests that all concerned parties respect Vietnam's sovereignty and international law as well as the Declaration on the Conduct of Parties in the East Sea (DOC) and take no actions to complicate the situation while making practical and positive contributions to the maintenance of peace on the East Sea as well as creating favorable conditions for the negotiation on a Code of Conduct on the sea (COC)," spokesperson Hang said./. VNA
- Documents on Hoang Sa, Truong Sa archipelagos exhibited in Thai Nguyen province
- Hoang Sa - Truong Sa exhibition goes to Bac Kan
- Vietnam strongly opposes China’s so-called island retrieval
- Vietnam to restrict access to app using Chinese name for Paracels
- Da Nang gets documents on Vietnam’s sovereignty over Hoang Sa
- Vietnam reaches for prosperity
- Pakistan summons Indian diplomat over ceasefire violations
- Iraqi powerful cleric calls for massive protests against US troops
- Iraqi Powerful Cleric Calls for Massive Protests Against US Troops
- China protests over Japanese activists' visit to disputed island
Vietnam resolutely protests all violations of its sovereignty over Truong Sa archipelago have 413 words, post on vietnamnet.vn at June 11, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.