The names of the Vietnamese enterprise and the U.S. manufacturer have not yet been revealed.
The ministry said the Vietnamese company has been negotiating with the U.S. manufacturer about the conditions for the mRNA vaccine technology transfer. The mRNA vaccine has finished its first and second phase clinical trials and requires only a single injection of 5 milligrams with high protection, stored at temperatures of 2-8 degrees Celsius.
The factory invested by this Vietnamese company in line with the manufacturer’s technology standards will have a capacity of 100-200 million doses per year and is expected to start production from the fourth quarter this year or early 2022.
Most current Covid-19 vaccines require two injections, except for American pharmaceutical firm Johnson & Johnson’s vaccine, which needs only one.
According to the U.S. Center for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), new mRNA vaccines can protect against infectious diseases. This kind of vaccine is proved to have an efficacy of 94.8 percent against Covid-19.
The ministry said Vietnamese pharmaceutical firm Vaccine and Biological Production Company No. 1 (Vabiotech) is also in talks with a Japanese partner to soon receive the transfer of vaccine production tech.
Vabiotech said it has cooperated with Russia to begin creating vials for Sputnik V this July, with an expected capacity of around five million doses a month. Russia said it too may transfer its vaccine production technology to Vietnam in future.
The health ministry has successfully negotiated to get more than 120 million doses of Covid-19 vaccines from multiple sources in 2021, including AstraZeneca, Pfizer, Moderna and the Covax facility.
Vietnam currently aims to secure 150 million Covid-19 vaccine doses to cover 70 percent of its population by this year. The ministry said it would not only seek multiple sources for Covid-19 vaccines, but also strive to be a part of the tech transfer process so Vietnam could produce vaccines itself.
Vietnam has been carrying out a mass vaccination campaign since March, under which more than 1.3 million people have received their shots of the AstraZeneca vaccine.
- Iatrogenic, Vaccine-Induced Disorders (Both Acute and Chronic)
- Your Opinion: Some facts on ‘vaccine safety’
- Measles vaccine: You may need a booster shot. Here's why.
- Vaccines protect you, your family and your community
- HHS Funds an Additional Year of Ebola Vaccine Manufacturing
- Fentanyl Vaccine Put Rats off Opioid in Study
- HPV vaccine could help eliminate cervical cancer, study finds
- Industry Briefs 8-19-19
- Geocann Introduces Patent-Protected VESIsorb® Formulated Cannabis Products to the Global Marketplace
- Can a single pill keep you healthy to 100?
- Vaccines protect you, your community (commentary)
- The Nooner for 07-03-19
- How vulnerable is Colorado to a measles outbreak due to its low vaccination rate? Experts weigh in.
- Vaccines and the Liberal Mind
- AP News in Brief 06-14-19
- The Nooner for 05-09-19
- How the anti-vaccine movement crept into the GOP mainstream
- AP News in Brief 05-04-19
- The Nooner for 07-23-19
- The Nooner for 08-21-19
Vietnam researches production of single-dose Covid-19 vaccine have 478 words, post on e.vnexpress.net at June 12, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.