Vietnam reports 80 new Covid-19 cases
The Saigon Times
|A kid has his nasal swab taken by a medical worker for Covid-19 testing. Experts said that Covid-19 outbreaks in Vietnam's major hotspots of Bac Giang, Bac Ninh, and Hanoi have been brought under control – PHOTO: VNA|
HCMC – The Health Ministry this evening, June 14, reported 80 new Covid-19 cases, including five imported cases in HCMC and Khanh Hoa Province.
Among the 75 domestic infections, HCMC reported 26 cases, Bac Giang had 29 cases, Bac Ninh recorded eight cases, Ha Tinh had 11, and Nghe An had one.
Also in the day, as many as 238 coronavirus patients were declared free of the disease and discharged from hospital.
In related news, experts said that Covid-19 outbreaks in Vietnam's major hotspots of Bac Giang, Bac Ninh, and Hanoi have been brought under control. Bac Ninh has relaxed anti-virus measures while the capital city of Hanoi is considering allowing a number of non-essential services to reopen.
The northern province of Bac Giang, the coronavirus epicenter during the latest wave, reported 4,137 locally-infected cases as of 12 p.m. today but the number of fresh cases is declining sharply. New Covid-19 patients reported in the province were mainly workers and their relatives that were found in quarantine centers or areas under lockdown, reported VnExpress .
Duong Van Thai, secretary of the provincial Party Committee, said that the province has deployed measures to eradicate the disease before June 21. Thai added that the number of new cases remains high but they are mostly in quarantined places. The community transmission risk would be low.
Further, hundreds of businesses in industrial zones in the province have made preparations to reopen and ensure the implementation of the dual task of fighting the virus and achieving economic growth.
In Bac Ninh, Hoang Minh Duc, deputy head of the General Department of Preventive Medicine, under the Health Ministry, revealed that experts had mapped out a plan easing social distancing and lockdown restriction measures in this northern province.
As for Hanoi, an infection cluster linked to a trader in Dong Anh District has been put under control, even though more cases related to the cluster could be reported in the upcoming days, according to Khong Minh Tuan, deputy director of the Hanoi Center for Disease Control.
Chu Ngoc Anh, chairman of the municipal government, stated that the capital city could relax restrictions on some non-essential services in the coming time, aimed at cushioning the impact of the disease on the life of local residents.
- Seven new COVID-19 patients, including a 16-year-old girl
- Covid-19 disrupts 'rules' of the Vietnamese stock market
- Asia Facing Second Wave of Coronavirus As China Records Most Cases in a Single Day Since April
- Border security - Việt Nam’s holy grail to defeating COVID-19
- Border security - Vietnam’s holy grail to defeating COVID-19
- How Covid-19 entered Britain through 80 countries: NHS data given to SAGE reveals where hospitalised patients had travelled before being struck down with symptoms (and Croatia ISN'T one of them)
- VIETNAM'S BUSINESS NEWS HEADLINES AUGUST 27
- VIETNAM'S BUSINESS NEWS HEADLINES AUGUST 19
- Covid-19 second attack sends air carriers into a tailspin
- VIETNAM'S BUSINESS NEWS HEADLINES AUGUST 17
- VIETNAM'S BUSINESS NEWS HEADLINES AUGUST 20
- VIETNAM'S BUSINESS NEWS HEADLINES AUGUST 25
- Real estate market on ‘standby’ again
- VIETNAM'S BUSINESS NEWS HEADLINES AUGUST 14
- VIETNAM'S BUSINESS NEWS HEADLINES AUGUST 16
- Violators who enter city illegally may be sued by HCM City
- VIETNAM'S BUSINESS NEWS HEADLINES AUGUST 24
- Vietnam aims to down car prices by reducing component import
- Stranded visitors aid virus-stricken Da Nang
- Aviation traditions crumble as airlines take on new restructuring approaches
Vietnam reports 80 new Covid-19 cases have 583 words, post on english.thesaigontimes.vn at June 14, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.