The Ministry of Health announced on Wednesday the second-largest increase in daily infections in Vietnam, most in an epicenter in the northern part, while almost 100 of them were recorded in Ho Chi Minh City.
The country detected 414 community cases, including 398 in quarantined areas, the ministry said in a report the same day.
This is second-biggest daily case jump after the health ministry saw the steepest spike of 444 cases on May 25.
The nation recorded the third-strongest rise of 398 transmissions on Tuesday.
Bac Giang Province, which is the largest epicenter located in the north, reported 279 of the latest patients, while its neighbor Bac Ninh Province logged 27 cases.
Ho Chi Minh City registered 99 cases, its largest daily count this year, Ha Tinh Province four, Nghe An Province three, Ha Nam Province one, and Bac Kan one.
Vietnam has detected 8,411 locally-transmitted infections in 40 out of its 63 provinces and cities since the ongoing fourth virus wave erupted on April 27.
Bac Giang is leading the caseload with 4,680 patients, followed by Bac Ninh with 1,442, Ho Chi Minh City with 1,060, and Hanoi with 464.
Authorities in Ho Chi Minh City on Monday decided to extend the enhanced social distancing measures having put in place since May 31 by two weeks to stall escalating community spread, as over 80 patients have been confirmed on a daily basis since last weekend.
The Southeast Asian nation has recorded an accumulation of 11,635 infections as of Wednesday evening, including 9,980 domestic and 1,655 imported cases, according to the health ministry's statistics.
The number of recovered patients has reached 4,590, including 47 reported on Wednesday, while 61 have died, most with severe pre-existing conditions.
Nearly five million people have been tested in this fourth wave, the worst so far.
Vietnam confirmed 106 community cases in the first wave from January 23 to April 16, 2020, 554 in the second from July 25 to December 1, 2020, and 910 in the third from January 28 to March 25, 2021.
The country administered 95,421 AstraZeneca vaccine shots to medical staff and other frontline workers on Tuesday, taking the total to 1,648,072 jabs since inoculation was rolled out on March 8.
A total of 59,608 have been given two injections of the vaccine.
The government has set a target of securing 150 jabs, as it expects to immunize at least two-thirds of a population of almost 98 million people this year.
It has received about 2.9 million AstraZeneca shots so far.
- Concerns as Vietnam takes huge leap up beer-consumption rankings
- Saigon Market- Top 10 Markets in South Vietnam
- Upcoming everyday super-apps will revolutionise the way business is done in Vietnam
- Daily Podcast: Our Third and Final Spoiler Discussion of Jordan Peele's Us Including Listener Mail – /Film
- Daily Podcast: The Best Movie Moments of 2018, Part 2 – /Film
- Best Vietnam & Cambodia itinerary 9 days
- Aquaman Helped Warner Bros. Hit A Box Office Record In 2018
- Warner Bros. Hit A Box Office Record In 2018 (Thanks, Aquaman and Grindelwald)
- Black Panther Jumps to $426.6 Million Worldwide Already
- Manifest Has Broken A Ratings Record At NBC
- Hollywood's Share of Japanese Box Office Jumps Nearly 20 Percent in 2017
- Daily Show Vet Jon Stewart Talks Possible Return To TV
- Weekend Box Office: 'Avengers: Infinity War' Earns Heroic $112.5M in Second Outing
- Chinese comedy 'Lost in Thailand' breaks records
- Tanking Attendance Isn't Enough to Keep 'Fifty Shades' From a Second Week at #1
- Spain greets record 64.9 million tourists in 2014
- Racial Injustice to Politics: How This Year's Docs Tackled America's Biggest Challenges
- Joker Breaks Yet Another Box Office Record For October
- Joker Is Warner Bros.' Biggest Box Office Hit of 2019 Worldwide
- Solo: A Star Wars Story Is Breaking Pre-Sale Records
Vietnam records second-biggest jump in daily coronavirus cases have 576 words, post on tuoitrenews.vn at June 16, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.