Vietnam records 176 new Covid-19 cases this afternoon
The Saigon Times
|The Military Command of Hanoi's Thach That District presents Covid-19 leaflets to people at the centralized quarantine center at the Vietnam National University -Hanoi. Vietnam has recorded another 176 Covid-19 patients this afternoon – PHOTO: VNA|
HCMC – The Ministry of Health this afternoon, June 16, reported 176 new Covid-19 cases, with 174 of them locally infected in five localities and two imported into Tay Ninh Province.
Among the local cases, 128 were recorded in Bac Giang, 35 in HCMC, eight in Bac Ninh, two in Ha Tinh and one in Nghe An.
Six cases in HCMC were linked to the HCMC Hospital for Tropical Diseases infection cluster and 29 others came into close contact with earlier confirmed cases.
As for the case in Nghe An Province, who is a bank employee in Vinh City, the source of his infection remains unknown.
The Vinh City and Cua Dong general hospitals, which the man had visited, have stopped receiving outpatients. All employees of the two hospitals have also been tested.
Duong Dinh Chinh, director of the Nghe An Department of Health, said it had accelerated the tracing and testing of those in close contact with the man, the second Covid-19 case in Vinh.
On June 9, he came to the Vinh City General Hospital for a medical checkup. After making a health declaration, he entered the hospital as he neither showed Covid-19 symptoms nor visited pandemic-hit areas earlier.
Two days later, he visited the Cua Dong General Hospital and underwent a Covid-19 test. The result came back positive.
In related news, as a worker of a company in the Amata Industrial Park in Dong Nai Province tested positive for Covid-19, the municipal government today approved the Dong Nai Industrial Zones Authority's proposal to ask three enterprises to arrange for their workers to stay at the factories after work.
The three enterprises are Ocean Coatings Vietnam Co., Ltd in the Long Thanh Industrial Park in Long Thanh District, Shinpoong Daewoo Vietnam Pharm Co., Ltd in the Bien Hoa 2 Industrial Park in Bien Hoa City, and the Dong Nai Branch of GreenFeed JSC in the Song May Industrial Park in Trang Bom District.
These enterprises have a large number of employees each.
The arrangement of workers to stay at the factories must be agreed by the workers and the enterprises' labor unions.
The province also asked these enterprises to coordinate with the healthcare sector to conduct Covid-19 tests for employees and only those with the negative result will be arranged to stay at the factories. The enterprises must pay for the testing costs.
Moreover, 61 direct contacts of the patient in the Amata Industrial Park have tested negative once.
- Vietnam records 1 new COVID-19 case, 1,367 in total
- Vietnam records 34 more Covid-19 cases
- Puducherry records 44 new COVID-19 cases
- Uganda reports record daily new COVID-19 cases
- Russia reports record daily new COVID-19 cases
- Nigeria records 550 new COVID-19 cases, total jumps to 70,195
- Thailand records 25 new COVID-19 cases, 4,151 in total
- Nigeria records 324 new COVID-19 cases, zero death
- Vietnam record 4 imported COVID-19 cases
- Vietnam records 6 imported COVID-19 cases, 1,391 in total
- Nigeria records 48 new COVID-19 cases, no death
- No new COVID-19 case recorded on December 4
- Vietnam records new Covid-19 case from India
- The US hit a record 7-day average of new Covid-19 cases as hospitals are further strained
- 3 new COVID-19 cases reported in Mizoram
- Vietnam confirms two new Covid-19 imported cases
- Coronavirus cases: India records 31,522 new COVID-19 cases; death toll at 1,41,772
- India records 26,567 new Covid-19 cases, 835 more deaths; infection tally crosses 97 lakh
- Universities suspend teaching following two new Covid-19 cases
- Vietnam announces first domestic COVID-19 case after nearly 3 months
Vietnam records 176 new Covid-19 cases this afternoon have 588 words, post on english.thesaigontimes.vn at June 16, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.