Police in Hanoi City have handed over a wanted South Korean man, who is charged with fraud, to the South Korean police after arresting him at a local apartment building.
The handover of the hunted man, 58-year-old Shin Youngho, took place on Saturday between the police in Hanoi's Bac Tu Liem District and their South Korean counterparts at the Noi Bai International Airport.
Local police earlier detected the hunted foreigner while he was living in a flat of Sunshine City apartment building in the district's Dong Ngac Ward.
The detection came while the district police were conducting inspections at a number of local accommodation facilities.
As the foreigner showed signs of suspicion, police checked his passport and visa and detected his overstay in Vietnam, since his authorized stay period expired on September 20, 2019.
Through identity verification, the police discovered that Shin Youngho was being hunted by South Korean police for fraud and property appropriation.
After being escorted to a police station for interrogation, Shin admitted to the crime.
Earlier in March, another South Korean man, also charged with fraud, was arrested in Hanoi after he had been put on the international wanted list by South Korean police.
Police of Hoang Mai District detained 52-year-old Lee Suk Joo on March 27 and handed him over to South Korean police four days later at the Noi Bai Airport.
- Imax Grows Global Screen Count In Expanded Deal With South Korea’s CGV
- U.S. envoy to visit South Korea to discuss stalled North Korea nuclear talks
- South Korea's Moon calls for U.S.-North Korea summit before U.S. election
- Renewed outbreaks in South Korea, Germany and China show continued risk as more countries seek to reopen
- South Korea’s Unification Minister Resigns as North Korea Threatens Leaflet ‘Blitz’
- Coronavirus: Inside 'doomsday church cult' at centre of outbreak in South Korea
- South Korea church hit by COVID-19 says members to give plasma for research
- South Korea court rejects U.S. extradition request for child porn network operator
- In South Korea, US Diplomats, Military Show Black Lives Matter Solidarity
- US envoy to visit South Korea to discuss stalled North Korea nuclear talks
- South Korea shoppers line up before dawn ahead of expected Chanel price hike
- US envoy arrives in South Korea as North says it has 'no intention' to resume nuclear talks
- South Korea Police Sorry For Mistakes In 'Memories of Murder' Serial Killer Case
- In South Korea, you can see every store where COVID-19-positive people have been
- South Korea closes schools again just three days after they reopened as 176 new coronavirus cases reported
- Off-Duty Police Lieutenant Shot Inside South Philadelphia CVS During Struggle With Suicidal Man, Authorities Say
- Team GB sprinter Bianca Williams says she is considering SUING Met Police and wants chief Cressida Dick to quit after she and her boyfriend were 'racially profiled' during stop-and-search
- Chaos in the Koreas sees Kim Jong Un's sister emerge stronger than ever
- North Korea says it has no plans for talks with US
- South Korean president calls for Trump-Kim summit before November election
Vietnam police hand over wanted man to South Korea have 509 words, post on tuoitrenews.vn at June 19, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.