Hanoi (VNA) – The Vietnam Department of Peacekeeping Operations and the India n Centre for UN Peacekeeping sought measures to enhance cooperation in UN peacekeeping during an online workshop on June 17.
The two sides discussed measures to continue effectively realising a memorandum of understanding on collaboration in UN peacekeeping signed by the Vietnamese Ministry of National Deffence and the Indian Ministry of External Affairs in 2016, as well as an agreement on the implementation reached by them in 2020.
They agreed to send experts to respective countries to exchange experience in this regard, and share information about the missions where Vietnam has deployed forces.
They considered the possibility to launch the Vietnam-India Bilateral Army Exercise (VINBAX) when possible, and put forth a three-year cooperation plan .
The two sides will step up the exchange of peacekeeping lecturers, and conduct joint activities between Vietnamese and Indian peacekeeping forces in South Sudan.
At the workshop, Colonel Mac Duc Trong, deputy head of the Vietnamese department, emphasised Vietnam's commitments to playing a more active role in UN peacekeeping.
He called on India to further assist Vietnam in this field, and expressed his belief that the bilateral cooperation will develop in a more pragmatic and effective manner./.
- Willing to play constructive role in easing India-Pakistan relations_ says China
- Vietnam War perspective: the unreconciled conflict
- All eyes on Trump and Putin attending Vietnam summit
- Kremlin says Putin and Trump likely to meet in Vietnam
- Vietnam wins U.S. defense pledges as tension with China grows
- Ahead of Modi visit, U.S. sees no threat to Pakistan from arms deal with India
- Text of the Prime Minister Narendra Modi Address at Parliament of Uganda on 25 July, 2018 during his State Visit to Uganda
- ‘Battle for Africa’: Russia Pushes Into ‘Free Country for the Taking’ In Attempt to Rival the West
- Former U.N. Secretary-General Kofi Annan dies at age 80
- Kofi Annan, who led U.N. through turbulent times, dies at age 80
- Reducing waste and empowering people in poverty
- U.S. pledges nearly $300 million security funding for Southeast Asia
- U.S. pledges nearly $300 million security funding for Indo-Pacific region
- Publishers Overseas Are Making Money By Targeting Americans With Cheap — And Sometimes False — Information About Niche Topics
- End the US Occupation
- China sends troops to open first overseas military base in Djibouti
- At the UN, Obama Moves In
- VW Group, Tata end talks on emerging markets tie-up
- Trump reimposes sanctions on Iran. Now what?
- Trump: US will no longer be taken advantage of on trade
Vietnam, India forge cooperation in UN peacekeeping have 407 words, post on en.vietnamplus.vn at June 18, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.